Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Envoy

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Female Point of View
By DMT

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

As a short female, this vehicle isn't totally adaptable to my size, but it does have great handling abilities. I have owned SUV's for years and this is very comparable to the top of the line Jeep I used to own. It has tricks and gadgets that even fascinate my husband. I am glad I own this vehicle.

Automatic headlights

The seat is clearly designed for long legged men, maybe some modification for women drivers could be made.

One Great Truck
By bmarkdc

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck in June 2005 and absolutely love it. The power is great the styling is sharp and the quality is impressive. A week after I bought it, I was sideswiped by a semi. The crash protection is amazing. The truck stood up very well and had I been in my old Camry not sure what would have happened.

Navigation system, bose sound system, V8 power, displacement on demand

Bigger Wheels

Great Value
By Phillip

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at several SUVs including Grand Cherokee,Commander and Explorer, but for the money you can not beat the Envoy XL.The 3rd seat has more leg room than our old '99 Suburban.It drives great and for the money you get a whole lot more options.

3rd Row Seat, BOSE 6 Disc In-Dash Changer, Heated Seats and Memory seats

Better gas mileage(I am averaging only 11mpg in the city)

Job well done
By mark

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I came out of a 99 Mountaineer AWD 8 cyl which I loved. I was not thrilled with the changes Ford made. I find the Envoy more sturdy and has more creature comforts.

I love the heated seats (live in the northeast) the XM radio and the auto on wipers, not to mention the parking view mirror and gauge package.

Air conditioning could get cold faster.

2005 Envoy Denali
By Theroider

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drives like a dream. Solid ride. Extremely quiet at cruising speed. Very agile to maneuver. My wife, who never thought she would care for a truck, now only drives the TRUCK! I cannot get her out of it. It is extremely stylish and not very common on the road (Denali version). Interior design is exceptional. It's not typical GM plastic on top of fake wood. There is actually real wood on the steering wheel. Nice touch!

Navigation Radio, Vortec 5300 V-8, Steering Wheel Design, Gear Shifter, Emergency Brake on Console, Front Seats, Awesome Exterior Looks, Nice Wheels and Front Grill, Full Economy considering V-8 and 4700lbs, XM Radio, OnStar and Integrated Phone with ability to SHARE minutes with Verizon Wireless!

Stabilitrack (added on 06 model), Auto- dim IRVM, Rear Cargo Floor Mat does not lay flat when Car Seat is installed, Acceleration from a Dead Stop (currently feels like it starts in 2nd Gear), Recall Driver Seat Position from Key Fob