Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Envoy

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

2005 GMC Envoy SLE
By Lori

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very bad gas mileage but rides better than a car. Minor mechanical problems that can never be duplicated when taken to the dealership. Great for driving in rain. Handles well.

I love the looks of this vehicle and the smooth ride.

Better fuel economy.

Very Happy
By Steve

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our Envoy in September and have loved it ever since. It has lots of power and great acceleration, and has no problem towing our boat and snowmobiles. Very comfortable interior with more space than our old Venture in the rear seat. The Envoy seems to be very quiet driving, all though it has a beautifull growl when you really floor it. Auto 4wd is great in the snow. The only problem is that the Envoy is a pig on gas, were only getting approx 14mpg and that's stretching it. Overall we are very happy with our Envoy.

4wd, OnStar, great looks, lots of power.

Less nose dive when braking. Bit firmer suspension, Better gas mileage!

Less for More
By Mike

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good Looking SUV. Poor mileage, poor fit and finish. Seat belt not adjustable, high tension. Noisy ride due to air leaks. Transmission shifts from 2WD or AWD into 4WD on its own. Seats are not as comfortable as in my 2003 Envoy.

No longer a favorite.

Build as advertised. Professional quality.

Good Overall
By nick

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Since I purchased this SUV in March of '06 I really have enjoyed owning it. Yeah the gas mileage in city driving is horrendous (12mpg going easy on the gas pedal and the brakes), but you can't really expect much more from a 275 HP 6 cylinder. Gets about 17 on the highway. I really like the the comfort of this vehicle. Lots of room, great ride, and very quiet. It looks really nice as well. The power is also more than I expected it was going to be. Passing isn't a problem. Overall a really sound SUV.

Power. Looks, comfort and very little road noise.

Gas mileage! And also sometimes if I hit a bump just right the automatic 4wd sensing unit will kick in and I'll have to stop and reset it. Kind of a pain.

Enjoy the Envoy.
By Nooper pooperson

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Envoy because I needed a cheaper car than what I had so I didn't expect much. But this SUV is unbelieveable. The power from this 4.2 I6 is outstanding (290 HP) The ride is the smoothest of any SUV I've ever ridden in. My Envoy Is Superior Blue Metallic with the gray interior and when cleand up this car shines, especially the 17" polished aluminum wheels. The only drawback is gas mileage. Around 13MPG in town which is not what I expected out of a 6 Cyl. But all of the standard features make up for it.

Color, wheels, and ride quality. Did I forget to mention the awesome power?

A 5 or 6 speed auto tranny would really help with the gas mileage