Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Envoy

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Happy Driver
By Jim

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Drive mostly around town and occassional highway trips. Handles very well for a 4WD SUV and is excellent on the highway. Ride is more car-like than Tahoes I have ridden in. I'm very happy with this vehicle after 40,000 miles and will keep it several more years.

Ride and handling is excellent. Size and height is not too large yet you sit up high and have good cargo space.

Of course better mileage would be nice.

Could be better
By bellms

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a pretty good SUV. The cabin is comfortable. Although not super quiet inside. The front seat sits a little high and the back does not tilt. The pickup on the road is decent but underpowered at times of steep incline. I definitely believe there should be a V8, but there is not. The gas mileage for the daily traffic is horrible in town. Usually 12-14 at best. Highway, impressively up to 22 at times. The Envoys center of gravity is righ at the armrest, which makes for good turning. Last but not least, not very good use of space for seating.

The favorites would include the seats are very comfortable. And the quick turn 4x4 modes.

The doors on the back are a little light, and do not close all the way without slamming the door. Additionally, the truck needs some more power. The gas mileage already reveals V8 mileage but 4 cylinder power at times.

I love my Envoy!
By NVmy ENVOY

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Envoy for about 2 years now and I couldn't have picked a better car! I drive from Ohio to Georgia a lot and that long drive is tolerable because I am comfortable! I only fill up once to start, then once on the road and still have some gas left over when I get home. Great purchase!

The overall look

Great Car
By Pauld

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Coming from a Honda fan, I couldn't have been more surprised to how much I have grown to love this vehicle. I purchased it when you couldn't pass up the deals and I have been glad ever since. Only back to the dealer once for a very small squeak that was taken care of. Tows our travel trailer as if it wasn't there. Quiet, smooth, powerful, very comfortable, good looking. I believe GM has won me back for future consideration of cars.

Too many to mention

Fuel economy could be better. The nav system needs to be improved to get away from the DVD.

Great truck
By Elijah Marks

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a solid truck. The power is awesome. It is comfortable on long trips and has a good amount of room. It is fun to drive and handles well and has excellent brakes.

Acceleration is great. Four settings for drive configurations, 2 wheel, all wheel, 4 wheel high, and 4 wheel low.

Could use a little more leg room in back seat. Gas mileage has averaged barely 15MPG.