Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Envoy

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Awesome
By taylor

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got this vehicle in May of '08, can't be happier. Has the power I need, the 4wd option is great, and when I drive it nice I have gotten 23mpg with it. If you complain about the mileage, be easy on it. When I drive hard I still can get over 15mpg with it. Overall, the best decision I have ever made was to purchase this vehicle. Good Bose sound system, perfect amout of room, and overall an awesome vehicle!

Looks, reliability, power.

Maybe some mpg, but what can you expect, you are purchasing an SUV not a compact car. More aftermarket options.

My favorite vehicle
By gigigran

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a Caddy Deville for the brand new '05 SUV and still love it after driving for 3 years. It's driven mostly around town with a few out of town trips. I am happy with the comfort, safety and style. The only disadvantage-the gas mileage of 15mpg. Other than that I can not think of any other drawbacks. It is absolutely a great vehicle to drive. If there are no big mechanical problems I plan to drive this vehicle for many many years to come.

Comfort and style! I can see out of the vehicle very well too!

Gas mileage! Cup holder for both the passenger and driver. Needs to be larger.

Best Ride of My Life
By CharlieChan

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought this used 2005 Envoy-XL, we traded in our mini-van, which I have driven for the past 11 years with four kids and all. It was like a 360 change, I love the interior room for the kids, it rides smooth and quiet and looks sharp too. We love it!The gas was what we expected, but we had to compromise, either get another van to make all the room or pay for the gas and make use of what we want. All in all I am very pleased with our purchase and I swore I would never buy from GM again, was even looking at Honda or Nissan.

Better than what I expected
By Achris

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this Envoy used at 48K miles. So 10K miles later no complaints. Easier to drive than most other SUV's. Good acceleration, however don't expect a lot of MPG if you tend to speed. Though looking at these other reviews I get about 19mpg on this with normal driving.

Good acceleration, OnStar, flip down rear seats.

Better MPG.

Great American Vehicle
By Ken

2005 GMC Envoy Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great American made SUV. V-8 Horsepower is tops. Great MPG around town and on the road. Drives like a dream and turns on a dime

We have taken the Envoy on several cross country trips and have found the ride to be better than a friends Mercedes ML350

No improvements suggested