Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Envoy

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Envoy to Enjoy
By envoyment

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Envoy was my first GMC, got a used 2005 Envoy SLT in 2009 with low mileage (50K) cranberry amazing.. I owned it for 3 years with 93K miles on the ODO, This truck is a hero, minor problems happened like leaking front diff, AC blower and .. that is ... just pay attention to regular oil changes and maintenance and drive it any where you want ... Best thing, you can fix many things by your self and few simple tools, it is incredibly simple

Simple, cheap to own, dependable.. Strong engine.. tough truck

I wish if the interior trim & back seat was better for my kids and family, then I would never leave my Envoy

Fuel+Oil Sending Unit Failures
By flexiblesink61

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It is truely amazing why this issue does not cause GM to issue a Full recall on all cars in this line GMC, Buick and Chevy for fuel and oil sending unit replacements.
You are driving blind.
This issue alone has convinced me that I will never buy another GM product.
Service department in dealerships are terrible and their systems don't work most of the time.
They told me to keep driving with the problem and call them back in a few days to see if their systems come back on line.

Toyota did the right thing when confronted with their issues.
I own part of GM and I insist That GM should take responsibility and fix these issues, since both my trucks have the same issues.

V8 power

The Company needs to stand behing its product. Until then I will not buy another GM Product.

Great car, few major issues
By tilave

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this vehicle for about six years now, I really have grown attached to it and can't seem to get rid of it.
Over the years it has not given me any major issues except for two things.
One being the starter switch which I replaced three times and the other being the air suspension which started leaking at about 80k miles.
Other than those things the car is rock solid.
Great for camping and long trips.

Envoy is better than benz.
By Terence H.

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Gmc Envoy for about two years now. I bought it used with 33,000 miles on it. This SUV has so much power. I love looking at the cars in my review mirror after I have left them in the dust. My envoy has been very reliable. I hear so much about how mercedes has gone down in quality. Well with the envoy you get the upscale look with great power style and comfort. Buy an envoy you will be happy.

Power of the engine.

Nothing

Best Truck EVER.
By Terence H.

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I Love my GMC ENVOY. This is the best SUV ever. I have owned this SUV for almost three years now I bought it used in 2008 and I have not had any problems. It still drives smoothly and it looks great. I love my envoy so much. I love to let the windows down and turn up my Bose sound system. I guarantee you this SUV will last longer than most new Mercedes. If your looking for a great SUV go with the envoy. The v6 engine is very very powerful. This SUV goes so fast when needed. I am very happy with this SUV. I wish they kept the envoy nameplate the Acadia should be the new envoy.

Bose sound system! Roomy Inside