Used 2006 GMC Envoy XL Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 GMC Envoy XL

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:

LoveMyDenali
By LovemyDenali

2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have own this vehicle since new since the end of 2005 and it has been great. I have never had a problem, it drives and handles well. It is a Denali, so is loaded and very comfortable with leather interior and power and heated seats. It does not have the best mileage but for the size I think it does pretty well. On the highway handles well and give a lot better mileage at 22 mpg. I have no complaints but just praise about the vehicle and is a keeper in my book.

The way it drives and handles and comfortable style.

None

Nightmare
By Zut

2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle from day one. Within the first year I experienced broken door handles, power door module caught fire, broken rear defroster. SInce, I have had 3 ingition switch failures, had to replace all lifters to due poor design. Most recently, the rear hatch plastic cover above window with the center brake light flew off while driving. This was an absolute nightmare of a vehicle and goes to the problems GM has. I bought it because I wanted professional grade. I was so wrong. Also own 2 G5's for my daughters and replaced both engines within the first 3,000 miles. Nice.

Air Compressor in rear jack compartment.

Engine, 5.3L 8 CYlinder has power but the components are failing so fast I cannot keep up. Everything attached to it should be re-manufactured to be "Professional Grade".

Nice SUV
By budlite1013

2006 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my 2006 Envoy, but since I bought it in April 2009, I've had to replace a regulator for my fan, and a drivers door switch, for a total cost of about $1000.00. I'm hoping this is the end of the electrical problems. I suggest you buy extended warrenty and make sure it includes electrical. I wish these were as reliable as they Jimmys!

Nice riding, alot of cargo space

Need more cup holders in the front, and better electrical systems

Good SUV with minor problems
By Tish

2006 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my truck in the summer it was a nice vehicle the was very smooth. First my rear wiper motor went out then a month later my Body Control Module starts acting up along with my six-disc changer not working.(ABC Computer)This parts are not covered under warranty when asking the price I was given $2100 to fix both of them. My suv will not start sometimes, the security system locks me out of dosen't read my key or keyless entry. I don't this have that kinda of money to put into the truck. I have to pay for xm and park the truck in the garge most of the time. I took it to the dealership and they looking like you have to pay out of pocket why isn't it covered it's an electrical problem.

Leather seats,rear entertainment system, sunroof,spacous, wonderful sound system, many more.

To improve the warranties for electrical problems,put a reset button on the lower dash for a temporary fix!

Long Term SUV
By farmer72

2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The car is a joy to drive. Reliability is outstanding, handling is good, and mileage is good for a large V-8. My family likes the features that set it apart from other similar vehicles. On the road, it is a great vehicle that is comfortable on very long hauls.

All the room and seating for 8; good looks, gorgeous interior, rain sensing wipers; well thought out cornering lights

1. Need more leg room in the middle row 2. Need a way to control rear temps from the front. 3. Need a way to dim the XM Radio display at night