Used 2005 GMC Envoy XL SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Envoy XL for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Love my Envoy

Beth Mc, 05/04/2010
SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Envoy brand new in 2005. Was my first car that had EVERYTHING I wanted on it. Absolutely love sunroof and satellite radio. Car has been very dependable. I've only had to replace belt and do routine maintenance. Very comfortable inside - especially on a 13 hr ride on vacation! Would definitely recommend this car! Lots of room for luggage and carrying capacity.

2005 Envoy XL 3rd row

ben kinsman, 09/23/2005
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The in-line 6 cylinder has good pickup with its 275 horsepower. We went on a trip the week we bought our Envoy, so I filled the 25 gal. tank and hit the road. To be as big as the XL model is, it did great on gas. We drove from Columbus GA. to Chattanooga Tenn. and back to Atlanta before we had to get gas. That's about 450 miles or more driving on the highway and around downtown in traffic.

2005 Envoy XL

envoy05, 02/07/2012
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Here is something funny! I have a problem with the fuel sending unit. I get it fixed under warranty. I have another problem with fuel sending unit. (Funny right) I have to fix it by myself because it is out of warranty. I have a third problem with fuel sending unit.(Not Funny) I call GM and complain. I write numerous emails. Nothing. I call the dealer to get an answer. Nothing again! They go out of business because of GM closing down dealers.(Great) I get a letter in the mail from another dealership saying they know there is a serious problem with the fuel sending unit and they are willing to pay for half, yes half of their crap sending units! Toyota or Nissan here I come!

Loving my XL

Jo B. Gurganus, 05/27/2005
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had my Envoy XL for four days when a drunk lady rear-ended me. I was stopped at a red light. She hit me going about 35mph. My baby boy was in the back seat. The seatbelt his carseat was in stayed tight. We were both safe. And like the lady on the freeway I only needed a new rear bumper. Although greatful for the safety of my son and myself, my feelings were sure hurt. Thank you GMC for your safe cars.

2005 Envoy XL

J. Stark, 03/18/2006
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

No major problems w/ vehicle. Only service work done to date was to replace the original radio in dash.

12345...7