Used 2004 GMC Envoy XL Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:

P r o b l e m s ! ! !
By faisons

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I Have A 2004 SLT GMC , It Has Been Nothing But Trouble ! It Has Had The Water Pump , Heater Cord , and Diamond Cluster Repaired ! And Just Recently I've had to take it back to the shop for 3rd Time Because it wouldn't come out of park . I Love GMC's . But If i Had to go buy ANOTHER one today , i definitely WOULD NOT buy another one . !
This GMC HAs Gave Me The Worst Problems I've Ever Had With ANY Of my Cars .! Someone Please Tell Me What To Do .

It Rides Well.

Everything Under The Hood (Parts) So They Will Last Longer .

tranny slips
By NJdriver

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2004 Envoy XL & haul 2 kids (+ friends) to assorted sports games, etc. Take the annual 500mi trip to Grandma's house twice a year. I love the ride on long trips. It's not a Porsche, it's an SUV, so it will be a tad numb in the steering. I've just hit 60K miles, 5 years later & the transmission is slipping........ Neighbor had her 2005 Envoy tranny go @ only 38K miles. WHY can't the American car builders make a reliable transmission??? Past Chevy's I've owned at least waited til 100K miles til the tranny died. Nissans, Hondas, all go 200K without hiccups. I'll fix the GMC & keep it another few years but will look to the Japanese or German for my next vehicle.

Love the exterior look! Beats the heck out of the "mom" minivan look. Comfortable for long drives.

huge blind spots when driving in reverse. A/C not cold *if* stuck in traffic. Need lumbar supports in front seats!! Use transmissions that are reliable for the owners who keep thier vehicles. More front seat passenger leg room. More 2nd row leg room ~ got it right for the 3rd row.

My 2004 Envoy
By Bill Kulling

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A very comfortable highway cruiser. Great family auto. Shifting is seamless and quiet and the ride is excellent. The fuel economy is a detractor but since it is not the daily driver this is not an issue. The 3rd row seating is roomy enough for full size adults. Many thoughtful amenities throughout car. If you can afford to fill it I highly recomend it.

The heated leather seat are great for cooler weather. Many control buttons on streeing wheel. Numerous power outlets great for accessories.

The V6 is responsive but I would opt for a small V8 per haps the 5.3 liter.

Love the car. We hate to see it go
By Alan & Pam

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our Envoy XL SLT for 3 1/2 yrs and we are trading it off today. We love this car, and it is so comfortable and roomy, but I have been out of work now for a couple of years with health issues, and we cannot afford the high payments any longer. We were on the top when we bought it, but not any more. We held out as long as we could. Also, with the gas price craziness, we cannot afford the 16 mpg. I will be so sad when we drive off the lot and leave it there, but I will be so happy to have lower payments. My grandchildren loves this car too! To all of you that can continue to drive your Envoy XL SLT, we are happy for you.

Love the comfort and all of the room, the split seating option, the heated seats in the cool weather (yes, we do get cold weather in FL), front & rear a/c, separate a/c controls for driver and passenger, OnStar, XM radio, adjustable power seats,

My husband and I racked our brains to try to think of something that needed to be improved, but cannot come up with one thing that it lacks. Better gas mileage would be great, but for the size and weight of this car, the mpg is the same or better than other cars of this size.

A GMC Lover
By Anita Green

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband bought me my Envoy XL as a GM demo. I love my Envoy XL. I have every option available and have had limited problems. I also like having seven seats to haul my grandkids around. Everything about my Envoy says luxury automobile.

Bose sound system. Sunroof, 3rd row seat, wood trim. OnStar, dual automatic climate control, power front seats, heated front seats, leather seating. Wood trim, and driver information center

Longer warranty, That's about It. Oh, also a less noisy ride.