Used 2016 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews

Used Canyon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

High-end SUV with a bed

Volley, 01/06/2016
SLT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a really nice truck. Exceptional ride, handling and interior comfort with a very quiet cab. Fit and finish is excellent and the 8-inch color touchscreen is remarkable. Full-size trucks are too big for my needs and although the Canyon is large, it drives like a mid-sized car Gas mileage is around 22 mpg mixed city/hwy and 25 mpg pure hwy. The Canyon is a great alternative to a full-size truck or SUV. UPDATE - Have now had the truck for 6 months and 4200 miles. Still love it. Best 50 mile trip mpg is 28.5 mpg. Especially like the Android Auto feature - no need for factory navigation. I feel like I should list some negatives, but there are so few. Front seats could be a bit wider, would like built in Homelink and rear parking sensors. Overall = A+ UPDATE - Now at 2 years and 18000 miles. Still a great truck and still an A+ overall. Still drives great and extremely quiet inside. Only dealer visits have been 2 oil changes, Android Auto software install and a recall to put a clamp around the heater blend door shaft. All free. Best 50 mile trip mpg is 30.5 I am particular about my vehicles and so far this is one of the best. The combination of a great interior and pickup bed is ideal for a 1 car family. UPDATE - Now at 2.5 years and 22500 miles. No complaints and no dealer visits as I am doing my own oil changes and tire rotations. Overall MPG for life of vehicle is 22.4 as calculated by DIC. UPDATE - Now at 4.5 years and 43000 miles. Still no complaints and love the vehicle. Had the dealer apply a free TSB to update the shift points which made a vast improvement as it wanted to get in 6th gear quickly and stay there. Now it is perfect. Overall MPG for life of vehicle is 22.3 as calculated by the DIC.

Love the driveability. Quiet cabin. Great ride.

Fred sanchez, 03/18/2016
SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far so great. Driving this for the past month had exceeded my expectations for this truck I've been getting so many compliments on the looks of this truck. It's a mid size truck but the front end looks so nice. It's just the right size for maneuvering and also hauls wel I really recommend test driving the canyon/Colorado before thinking about the Tacoma. I test drove the Tacoma vs the GMs several times. As far as driveability there was no doubt I had to go with the Canyon. Noise- for a mid size segment this is second to none in noise and quiet cabin. Everyone I've driven this in has made comments about how nice it drives and comfortable it is for a truck (Note. I plan to update this review later )

Great mid sized pickup with a more formal design

Bob, 10/19/2016
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my GMC Canyon almost 2 months and so far I am very happy with it. I start out with the Cons; at higher road speeds wind noise develops around the front windshield. However below 60mph the cab remains very quiet. Speech recognition for the navigation addresses runs about 60%, manual entry is needed more often then it should be. Otherwise this thing is great. I'm getting older and the backup camera / assistance really helps me not have to crank my neck around constantly when I backup. The truck maintains it's stable feel when pulling my pontoon boat. The interior is great and innovative; the rear seats fold down forming additional storage in the rear; we actually use it for a nice space for our dog when we go anywhere. If you're an older guy like me you'll like the more refined, formal look of the interior. Overall I am very satisfied with this truck; my wife enjoys driving it also.

Base Model Canyon 4X4 Extended Cab 6cyl 300+HP

Chuck, 03/14/2016
SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

What a great little truck! The interior is excellent and the exterior is stylish! I ordered the Base Model with vinyl seats (no extra charge) V-6 and 4WD. I also have the basic radio and no carpeting. It's a truck! It hauls, pulls and handles great on or off road. Great value if you stick to the basics! No on star, no computer screen, no crappy cloth seats and no carpet. If you are looking for a TRUCK, build your own using the GMC build your own tool. You'll be surprised what the base model has to offer! 2 YRS free maintenance + 5 YR / 100,000 MI extended warranty. All of this for UNDER $30,000! Compare with Tacoma, Frontier and Colorado, the Canyon has way more options and is not over priced. @30,000 miles, everything is still great with this truck. @70,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES!

Great mid size truck

Andy, 04/25/2016
SLE 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great ride ,very quiet cabin, good fuel economy for a truck, 6 cylinder has plenty of power. A pleasure to drive, you would not think you were driving a truck. A lot of tech features if you like that kind of stuff.

12345...12