2009 GMC Canyon Consumer Review: Great looking and performing T

2009 GMC Canyon - Consumer Review

SLE Crew Cab Pickup (3.7L 5-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed)

Great looking and performing Truck
By rhawes on

2009 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Bought a ’09 4x4 Quad Cab SLT fully loaded with Z71 suspension and the 5.3L V-8 engine new for vacation travel and to use when going skiing by our cabin in northern Arizona.
This truck has been everything I thought it would be and more!
I had looked and test drove other trucks in the mid-size class; the Toyota was the only one that came close to it, but Iwould have had to settle for a basic 4x4 quad cab model for what I paid for this truck.
Toyota offers a 4.0L engine which didn’t seem to have the pull of the 4.3L that was in my ’98 S10.

If GMC hadn’t offered the 5.3L engine, I “might” have considered the Toyota a bit more, but after driving one then the choice was simple.

Since buying this truck I no longer have to think about getting stuck at any point of my ski trips. Truck has been quite impressive; last winter, it took the V-8 4x4 Canyon all about 1 minute to pull a full size flat bed tow truck and then the car it went there for, free from knee deep mud. After watching the tow truck struggle for about 1 Hour! At that point, I knew that I had made the right decision on the truck I bought.

Would like to see a standard transmission available with 5.3L V-8 Quad Cab. Also would like to see the city gas mileage improved for the 5.3L V-8 engine model.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review