Used 2005 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Canyon

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

Love it so far
By Jason

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have owned my Canyon for a month now and this being my first truck I love it! It has plenty of power and the look is great, only thing I have any sort of problem with is the rear seat is a little shallow but I don't sit there so no biggie. I would recommend this truck to anyone who wants a small truck that has good gas mileage and lots of HP.

Overall looks, power and options

Could use rear disc brakes and a deeper rear seat

Good But.
By Jason

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SL Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

For a midsize pickup I have no great complaints. It is great for a light load, and has a slightly larger look to it than the previous S-10. With 30,000 miles on it, I have had no problems.

The larger look from the old generation.

The seatiing in the rear could use some attention, but nothing major.

Love My Canyon!
By woofie

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

What a great truck to run around with and take out hunting! It's a little workhorse and it looks good no matter what we do with it. Consumer Reports doesn't rate this truck well at all but they dont know anything but Toyota,Honda, Nissan etc. Not every truck is perfect, but this truck suits us just fine!

Our color is Polo Green Metallic. It isn't used anymore and ours is the only one in town with this color.

Already done in 2006

Major Problems
By Stauch

2005 GMC Canyon 2dr Regular Cab Z71 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is probably the worst vehicle I have ever purchased. I traded in a 2001 Dakota to try and improve on the amount of money I spend weekly for gas. I do quite a bit of driving due to my work, plus I have to be able to carry material with me out to distant job sites. My first 3 months the truck was in the shop 7 times. I called the GM hotline to no avail. All of the problems had stemmed from when the truck was built. Windsheild wiper transmission mounts welded in wrong place, causing wipers to dig through plastic, gouge windshield, and finally stripping, all during a major storm, which is what my job is all about. Defective wiring, fried CPU. Dead on the side of the road again

Nice looks and good gas mileage

Improve quality. Time to move back to a Dakota

Excellent truck
By David

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SL 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love the exterior design. Interior is well laid out but it doesn't seem the designers spent a whole lot of time on it. Excellent fit and finish. Stereo is competent as well as the engine. The only problem I've had so far is a faulty fog light wire. Back seat is a little cramped but it is a compact truck.

The automatic headlights and heated leather.

Take a bit more time on interior design