Used 2005 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Canyon

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

Love It
By Zach

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck can do a quarter of a miles in 13.267(average) I love it it burns out fast and the the I5 has 246 hp and its perfect i would love to get the 5.3 v8 but i got it for a great price.

the leather seats and 4x4

different air intake flow

Great little truck
By Bill R

2005 GMC Canyon 2dr Regular Cab Z85 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used with only 20,00 on it. It was taken care of and the truck is a great little truck. With the 3.5 and auto trans I get a consistent 26 mpg. I have no complaints as it is a tight, well built truck. For a compact/mid size truck, it's great! It is also American built! I looked at other brands, and the GMC is as good as any other truck.

Comfortable seats, quick steering and vantastic brakes. Well built/workmanship.

Lock on passengers door! Honestly, NO OTHER COMPLAINTS!

Great little truck!
By bill

2005 GMC Canyon 2dr Regular Cab Z85 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my GMC Canyon used with 20k on it in early 2009. It is a well built and quality truck in my opinion. It has the 3.5 and automatic trans. and gets an average of 25-26 mpg. Very pleased with the truck and features and would recommend it to anyone who wants a smaller economical truck. I looked at Ford and the imports, and this GM truck is as good and maybe better and glad I bought it.

comfort/ride good workmanship

hood springs to hold the hood up and a passenger outside door lock

Best Truck I have ever owned!!
By Devastator_454

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z85 SLE Base Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had no intention of trying to improve this vehicle when I first bought it. But after driving it for the first 2mths I was curious about what else I could do to improve its performance and make it more fun to drive. Just adding a K&N intake to it, the results were undeniable. Since then I have added a Magnaflow exhaust system, changed the 3.42 to 4.10 and added belltech anti-sway bars to name a few. This truck is now Super Awesome. It is the best 4cyl truck out there. Not even import cars with modifications can beat it. One day I plan to drop a larger engine in it. Then I will really be kicken!!

The 2.8l engine is the strongest and larges 4cyl I have ever known....well until 2007. The transmission is the best truck in its class for speed shifting.

PUT A KEY ENTRY ON THE PASSANGER SIDE DOOR ALREADY!!!!!!!

Nice Truck
By Cris

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z85 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck, my first "new" vehicle, for my 50th birthday and BA degree graduation present. It's been great. I did have a squeak in the radio but there was a kit that the dealer put on for me (rubber molding around the unit) that got rid of it. Great running, only in the shop for a recall once. I do get the oil changed as recommended, which helps on vehicle longevity. I did notice molding around rear tires now coming loose so that's a problem. Otherwise impressed and a nice ride (my carpooler said the heated leather seats help his back more than his chiropractor!)

Heated seats, radio adjusting to road speed

Better adhesive on rear wheel well exterior