Used 2012 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 GMC Acadia SUV

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Repair costs
By Carol silva

2012 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for six years, i do like the comfort and style of this SUV, but would not buy another Acadia Denali. Their Electronics and headlamps needs some definite reevaluating. The contact buttons had to be replaced for the fan control to work, cost $500. My headlamps which appears to be a well-known problem because of their high intensity have a tendency to short out each headlamp cost $1,000 to replace. I have replaced one, now the second one needs replacing. The navigation unit in this car stopped working, cost $1,500. My Bluetooth works when it feels like it. Most of these problems occurred right after 71000 miles, I have had Ford Expeditions and other Ford cars prior to a GMC that I traded it in and had over a hundred thousand miles and I never had to put any money into repairs. the money I have put into repairs is ridiculous, especially for the headlamps, this is a well-known problem they should have extended warranties on this.

A/C problems - and we live in Texas!
By KAM

2012 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have 40K miles on this car and have needed A/C repair three times. Thank goodness we purchased the extended warranty. Oh and don't bother trying to update the navigation system - dealership had to order it from the mother ship and then wiped out all our saved locations during the 2-hour upload and now it malfunctions frequently. :(

I WOULDN,T HAVE TO THINK TWICE ABOUT IT !!!!
By Ronald Knettel

2012 GMC Acadia SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wouldn't have to think twice about buying this Acadia again. I would absolutely buy this Acadia again. It has been a pleasure to own and drive - plus it has great up to date design.

Car #2 Great Review
By Paul Harlin

2012 GMC Acadia SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Make sure you have built in navigation. Denali model gives a better ride if you can afford the up grade.

2012 Acadia SLT-2 AWD (Love it!)
By grandprixman

2012 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Pretty much every option besides the rear DVD system. Been driving this vehicle for just over 2 years. I'll have to say, it's the best riding vehicle that I've ever owned. Haven't had any mechanical issues with the vehicle, and I'm over 38,000 miles. There have been a couple minor recalls, but nothing that would prevent me from giving it a great review. Power is pretty good. The only thing I don't like is the gas mileage. It gets what it's suppose to, so I can't complain too much. And this thing weights over 6,000 lbs. Smooth ride, great interior, and no mechanical defects. Who could ask for anything more.

Update: Still driving this awesome vehicle. Just hit 90,000 miles and still not one problem with the vehicle. I keep up on all normal maintenance. Still has the original brakes. Besides fluids and tires I haven't done a thing to the vehicle.