Used 2011 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 GMC Acadia

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

A lot for a little, maybe
By Kenneth Lytle

2011 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's been a good SUV with lots of room on the inside and has been mostly a dependable vehicle. It's comfortable and easy to drive for long trips or even short drives just not great with MPG, 16-18 at best.
Looking at a newer model so we will have to wait and see if GMC has done much with this model.

Transmission Problems
By it's me

2011 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My husband brought this 2011 vehicle in March of 2015 and I'm now having transmission problems. WHY is it that this 2011 with only 83,867 miles on it having transmission problems????????? I also hate the silver lining around the vents, the sun blinds you from it. The front headrest are not comfortable. The navi is very generic and plain. I cannot Bluetooth my droid which is a BIG problem for me. I was he hadn't purchased this for me. I really HATE it. Now we have to worry about either getting a new trans or trading it in. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE.......

GMC broke my heart and my bank
By ana mata

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Worst vehicle I have ever own and I have had different types from a chevy to a ford to a BMW. Never had the problems or recalls, I have with gmc. I bought it because I always heard how good GMC is, very disappointed. My ford KA(found on road dead) probe had better maintenance expenses and has been more reliable than GMC. Not planning on getting anymore GMCs in my life time even if they are gifts.

meh
By ghostface2009

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife's vehicle, she likes it, its safe and good in snow with AWD, looks nice, lots of interior room, etc. I'm a little more picky - gas mileage pretty bad, the head rest leans too far forward, so not comfortable for me in drivers seat, and at 58K we had to get the timing cover resealed because it was leaking oil. Luckily, covered under powertrain warranty so did not cost me a penny. Also, very minor, but the rubber footing on the emergency brake popped off. I popped it back on and its been fine ever since. I have a 2005 Camry with 270K miles and no issues (knock on wood). Starting to worry about this vehicles longevity, don't think it will hold up as well as the Camry.

Safety, interior room, looks great, quiet, powerful engine, AWD

Reliability, headrest position, gas mileage

Ready to trade in...
By artistamy1

2011 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 2011 Denali brand-new, kept it well and were rewarded with poor quality. The first year was fine--the lack of technology was a nuisance, but the car fit my very tall family, so I was willing to overlook that. But simple things like the non-qwerty keypad in the CD-based nav system really wore on me. GM stayed solvent by skimping on technology, and it's painfully apparent in this model year. Our '06 BMW 3-series has better technology.

Now at 36k, it's falling apart all over!

Interior space, decent exterior styling

Quality--the struts for the rear hatch broke 400 miles after the warranty expired. The A/C has been putting off a nasty urine smell for 20k miles that the service department conveniently couldn't smell. It is also hissing loudly. The left front brake/suspension is making clunking noises (again, service department couldn't "hear" it). Transmission is rough. No hill-assist. We're trading it in ASAP for a BMW X5. We are done with American cars.