Used 2010 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 GMC Acadia

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Extremely Concerned Customer
By jaeh1984

2010 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Acadia in August of 2009. It has 30,000 miles on it. It has never been wrecked. It is currently sitting in the shop for transmission repairs. I would appreciate it if someone could contact me about my car. I am beyond upset about my "new" car needing such serious repairs.

The automatic vehicle rolls like a manual on any type of incline. The servicemen keep telling me it's "normal", but I believe it's only normal for a GMC. The chrome around the air vents on the dashboard and gear shift needs to be redesigned. The sunlight reflects off of it directly into the driver's eye.

trans &gas milage
By ralph59

2010 GMC Acadia SLE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

i only get 13mpg around town,not like gmc says 21mpg on highway. with towing package and running empty the transmission down shift as soon as you take your foot the gas peddle.

interior has good leg room,and head room

better gas milage

Beats a Cadalliac SRX Hands Down
By drjoseph

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned two Acadias now.
A 2008 and a 2010.
The 2008 was nice but I did not like the drive train.
The 2010 is flat out amazing in terms of being in the right gear under stressful conditions.
In a word, the vehicle is snappy.
My wife and I absolutely love it.
I recently drove an AWD Cadalliac SRX for a week in Michigan and while it was nice, the drive train was like my 2008 Acadia... slow to respond to throttle inputs.
Really frustrating when you are in a SITUATION that requires immediate attention.
Our 2010 Acadia would smoke the 2010 SRX in drivability tests.
Our MPG is 18-20 depending on our driving mix.
We've had it for 6 months.

Snappiness of the throttle response and transmission. Point and go. Heads-up display is fantasic. Auto rear lift door we use all the time when loading groceries. I like the driver position, you sit up high enough to see things well. Heated and cooled seats. In the summer here in Texas, cooled seats are fantasic. Oh yeah, in the winter here in Texas, the heated seats are fantastic too!

Rain detecting windshield wipers. My GMC truck has them, why doesn't the Acadia? The navigation system needs to get a few lessons from Garmin. Too many details on the screen (even if you elimiante the points of interest), there no estimated time of arrival - only an estimated driving time. For those of us doing a lot of new area driving, eta is important.

Love my Acadia
By Christine

2010 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle in February after my Jeep (which I also loved) finally died. I didn't want another Jeep because they made the cab smaller. I went to look at the Terrain and fell in love with this vehicle. It handles well, looks great and nothing beats it in the snow. We got the AWD. On a day when they should have closed schools due to a storm they didn't. I had to pick up my daughter and was going to have my hubby get her as I really don't like driving in the snow. My Acadia handled beautifully, never went off the road and I felt totally safe. This is the first time I wasn't afraid to drive in the snow and I have owned 6 vehicles. If you have kids and want to be safe,buy one.

AWD safety and it is one tough vehicle. Also like the Satellite radio and Onstar. Gives you even more safety.

None.

Loving it so far!
By Nick

2010 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When looking for a new vehicle for my new wife, we had a few requirements. 3 rows, towing capacity around 5000 lbs, and just good overall design and style. We looked at many different vehicles from all manufacturers, including 2 row suv's early in our search, and decided on the Acadia, and we are glad we did. The ride is incredible, it is very quiet. The fuel economy is good for a vehicle of this size powered by a small V6. When driving easy, mileage is very good. When driving aggressively, the mileage can drop quickly, and that's where a lot of people have problems. Visibility is good, unless the rear entertainment screen is down. Sunroofs are awesome. Bose sound could be better.

Bluetooth, usb port (with iPod integration), rear view camera, heated seat, leather 3 rows and all the room that goes with it, dual sunroofs. Very comfortable on long rides. Looks great inside and out. Love the Red Jewel color.

Bose sound is a little lacking, but decent. I'm used to custom built stereos, but its good for my wife. Reference lines on the backup camera would be nice like on the Mazda CX9. Power sunroof shades. Blind spot mirrors. A few other small things. And fuel economy is good, but can always be better.