Used 2008 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 GMC Acadia

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

A GMC LEMON
By mrseppy

2008 GMC Acadia SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 GMC Acadia with 25,000 miles on it.
Loved the quiet ride and the space...then the bottom fell out.
Water pump at 42000 miles at $564 (later paid for by GMC...amazing).
47000 new master cylinder
- $670
68000 new transmission
- $3400
Now my serivce manager says the thing to watch for now is the heating and A/C.
None of this was under warranty because it says it was a 2008 but came off the line in 2007 so no warranty.
After reading all of the following post....When is GMC going to step up?
Is there any leverage we have?
No more GMC for me.

Do not buy a Made in America GMC !!!

light housing melts
By unhappy_acadia

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Until recently, I would say that I am the proud owner of a 2008 GMC Acadia. Until we went into have the daytime running light replaced. We have replaced several in the 5 years we have owned the car.
What has made us very upset is that the last time we went into replace a burnt out bulb, we were informed that this would not be a $100 repair, but instead a $1000 repair.
We were told that the plastic housing that reflects the light out is a $1000 item.
The housing has literally melted around the light. We were also informed that the other side was doing the same thing. So in the end, it will cost us $2,000. This is a flaw, not normal wear and tear and should be covered by GMC, but no!

Love/Hate Relationship
By tsteinhilber

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I spent months searching out a car that would accommodate our family, loved every aspect of the Acadia. I purchased mine used and I am the second owner of this vehicle. I have owned it for almost 3 years. My Acadia has been into the dealership 7 times since December 2011. As I read through page after page of the same complaints, I don't know if I should feel good about not being the only one or more infuriated because GMC is doing nothing to compensate their customers. The problems are repeated such as air bag, air conditioner, engine oil leak, master cylinder leak, transmission (just rebuilt this past week) and other issues related to technician errors.

Interior comfortability, leg room, head room. I love that the seats can be folded down flat for more space.

GMC needs to take the time to read and look into each and every customer concern. See us as people who spend our hard earned money on a product that we have put our faith into. To take our families back and forth, to work, on vacations, etc. To take responsibility for their faults and to right their wrongs.

2008 GMC Acadia SLT2
By kristintemples

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I would love to give this vehicle an outstanding review but I can't. I love everything about this vehicle except that so many owners have had transmission problems prior to 100,000 miles just months after the warranty runs out. My vehicle is sitting in my driveway after 4 months of owning it and the transmission wave plate has gone out like so many others. GMC
is not taking responsibility for their defective transmission's which is costing the consumer $4,000 out of pocket and in my opinion if people have extended warranty insurance they are ripping them off as well. They know it is a crappy design or they would not have redesigned it for the newer Acadia's.

The look, comfort, seating capacity and room behind the 3rd row seat.

Transmission and camshaft needs new design.

Stay away from GMC
By emclaugh3

2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2008 GMC Acadia SLT, an expensive vehicle. I leased it, but decided to purchase it because my family liked the exterior styling and interior space. I currently have 84,000 miles and the transmission is failing for the SECOND time. It was rebuilt under the warranty, but now, 22,000 miles later, it is failing again and will cost thousands to repair. I have had no luck with the dealer or GM in helping to fix this problem of bad transmission design, and a faulty repair. I will NEVER EVER buy another GMC !!!

Exterior design, very spacious third row and ample cargo space.

Not reliable at all, have had many time-consuming and costly repairs done. This car is a money pit!