Used 1995 Geo Prizm Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Geo Prizm

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

love my car
By lookin into a newer

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

It's thirteen years old and can keep up with the newer cars that are on the road. When I bought I drove it to college, an internship, and work. The odometer read 36,000 miles. Now it reads 135,000 and I love my little car.

distributor cap or fuel line??
By robin

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I've been dealing with an ongoing problem with my 1995 Geo Prizm that is beginning to make driving no fun! The problem? The car turns over and over, but will not start. Eventually it will turn over and start, and then it's o.k for about 3-4 days. Just checking under the hood I saw sparks off the distributor cap. Could this be the problem? Does the distributor cap prevent the car from starting?

163,000 miles and still counting
By RowdyHowdy

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

We bought it new in 1995. It has been used primarily for commuting to work. The only unscheduled repair was to replace the starter. The interior fabric has held up very well to years of use. The exterior has held up well with minimal rust. We've had the timing belt replaced twice and changed the 4 speed auto trans fluid and filter a couple of times. I've done the oil and filter changes at 3500 to 4000 miles and the 1.8 engine uses no oil between changes. This has been an incredible car and we just can't force ourselves to get rid of it even though we have more cars than drivers. It gets amazing gas mileage in our mostly rural driving @ 35 to 42 MPG!

The engine is very easy to work on for routine maintenance. A well designed basic vehicle. If you're thinking of buying one as a used car, I wouldn't be concerned about the odometer reading if the car has been well maintained with documented regular oil and filter changes.

Interior room is a little tight for the tall or full-sized. Not much leg room in the back seat. That's all I can think of to criticize.

VERY REALIABLE CAR
By steph

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for less then 2,000 dollars and it has been well worth it. I really enjoy it. It's good in gas too. i drive at least 60 to 80 miles a day so I need a good gas car. This car has really been a good car for me and my family.

I like all the cup holders they have and the the compartments

The one thing I would improve is the stereo so you can change it out

Not much to look at - but it's reliable
By chase

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at about 90K miles, at almost 172K miles 6 or so years later. starting to burn a little oil, but it's about a quart every 3000 miles - not bad. Heres the great part - with A/C on - I get 34-35 mpg - with A/C off I get 38-40 mpg. Manual transmission. Make sure you change the timing belt & all bearings along with it every 80K or so!! I had one go at 140K, then we didn't replace a bearing and the 2nd went 6 months later. Otherwise, I've only done brakes, 1 starter, 1 alternator, 1 clutch. not bad.

Gas mileage, reliable.

Drivers seat doesn't go back far enough for my legs.