2018 Genesis G90 Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Genesis G90 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G90 model:

A smoother riding executive vehicle
By Barry

2018 Genesis G90 Ultimate 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I like it more then in a late model jaguar that I've own except the F type.

avoid like the plague
By tim m

2018 Genesis G90 Ultimate 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

bought first one owned for 10 weeks in the shop for 8 weeks ,they swapped out car for ok forgive and forget ,second car filling up with water,all 4 tires had bubbles within 60 days,car left me stranded and locked out no entry stuck outside , electronic problems,brought engineers in to fix car ,in the shop for 3 months ,they gave me a loaner ,dirty and smelled ,car came back from repairs once with greasy hand prints all over white interior ,hyudai is not capable of dealing with high end cars ,did get my money back 6 months later through a buy back

best Car I have ever owned
By Jim M

2018 Genesis G90 Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Went to the Phoenix Auto Show this Fall and sat in and compared 12 different high end brands. I drive back and forth from AZ to IND as a snowbird and as we were downsizing to one car so I wanted a car large enough for hauling but comfortable enough to make a 2,000 mile trip seem painless. A lot of the competitors just faked it with high end price tags and badges, but were lackluster when you sat in them. Only a couple had the comparable room, comfort and features. Those few were tens of thousands higher in price. The Genesis was next to the Toyota Booth at the Show and all you hear throughout the venue was Toyota blaring about their new bigger Camry. So much NOISE. Until we sat in the G90. You could hear a pin drop. My wife looked at me said I am done looking. I want a G90. She actually should be writing this. On these long trips she has never found a passenger seat with enough support to keep us driving more than two hours at a time. On our recent trip back to the Midwest we typically stopped at 400 miles to fuel up. A car in this class should be quiet, comfortable, powerful, loaded with tech and safety. This G90 doesn’t disappoint. My only regret is I still haven’t riden in the back seat which I hear is the best seat in the house!!!

"Acceleration failure" - Genesis phraseology
By Joe Margucci

2018 Genesis G90 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

My 2018 G90 has an acceleration problems which the dealer and "engineers" at Genesis acknowledge but will not help with or repair. Upon abrupt acceleration, like making a left turn in traffic, the car hesitates for three terrifying seconds before it lurches forward. In addition when attempting to accelerate from a stop it is very hesitant to move forward when called upon. I find this highly unsafe and infuriating. The dealer told me quote " WE were able to locate (on computer) the acceleration failure you experienced." "This is simply how the car operates, new tech knowledge, ya know ?" "You are going to have to get accustomed to this idiosyncrasy of the car." The people at Genesis Customer Care, after 5 days of research, claim that their "Engineers" are aware " of the hesitation problem" and that is the way the car operates. I was very unhappy and hired an attorney and am proceeding on my journey> I want the car to go when I want it to. Fair request?

Huge bang for the buck!
By Larry G.

2018 Genesis G90 Ultimate 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

As previously written by another reviewer, "as a lease, it's a beast!" This car seems like a MB S550 knockoff with no luxury appointment sacrificed for 2/3 the price with a better warranty, service included, and valet pick-up/delivery. Every option like upgrade is included as standard. You could not get any options on the G90 Ultimate 5.0 because every one that Genesis makes is already on it, standard. It's is the nicest and best car I've leased/owned including the Cadillac CTS-V. I will lease another one when this lease is up.