2018 Genesis G90 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Genesis G90 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G90 model:

Nearest Thing To A Cruise Ship?
By Randy Terry

2018 Genesis G90 Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I found the conservative exterior design to be a little too conservative. If so, the interior made up for that very quickly. Rather than describe the interior as conservative, I would describe it as classic, and I mean that in the best possible use of the term. It was so opulent (in some ways) that I wondered during the test drive if it was a little TOO opulent. I am a gay man who loves fine dark wood antique furniture, so that is saying something. I haven't purchased one yet. I am not a fan of white nor the steel grey versions that the showroom had. I think the somewhat conservative exterior design would look better in black or a richer color. The lines of the car are really nice, even if unassuming. I drove the V8 top of the line, and the rear seating area was almost of limousine proportions where one could control most of the car from the back. I found myself thinking that this much effort on the rear compartment was a bit of a waste for a single man! But the V8 and rear wheel drive were a really nice combination. There was nothing mechanically I would be unhappy with. In a car like this. if you drive it the way this kind of car is meant to be used, I think most people would be very pleased with it. Without being as nit-picky as professional car reviewers are, I thought the fit and finish was very well carried off, and nothing in the interior switch gear, etc, stuck out as being cheap or substandard. My favorite thing about it all is that this really wonderful car has been brought to fruition by a company I wouldn't have sneezed at 20 years ago. I would be proud to drive a Genesis just because I like the idea of driving a wonderful car that IS NOT what everyone else out there is hankering for. It is quite a bit nicer than the first of the Lexus vehicles Toyota came out with.

EHNewG90
By E Howard

2018 Genesis G90 Ultimate 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This is a pricey car but having the car for a month I think it is a good value for the price.

Excels
By Vb

2018 Genesis G90 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Equals far more expensive cars.

G 90 could be G100!
By Donald Cavey

2018 Genesis G90 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The Genesis G 90 is my newest along side of a 2013 Mercedes SL 550 and a 2017 Lexus RX 350. I traded my dream car of 2004, a BMW 745 LI which MSRP’d at $81000. The G90 MSRP’s at $70000. The G90 has almost all the options available, minus the Entertainment Center for the back seats. I recently took my first long round trip of approximately 500 miles and it was the first time everr that I finished each way without any noticeable back pain. The G90 costs tens of thousands less than the flag ships of the “Big Three” (BMW, Mercedes and Lexus). I read the relevent reviewers that I always rely on and I am very happy with my new G90. As of now, the G 90 stands equally tall alongside of the “Big Three” and if, in my opinion, this continues to be the case, the Genesis Brand Name will only need the creative marketing efforts that will help people to know the truth about Genesis.

Improved review of steering!
By Joseph Pilla

2018 Genesis G90 Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

The critique of numb steering on highway is misleading. The steering can be adjusted to sport without affecting other qualities.