Used 2003 Ford Windstar Minivan Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

It is not good choice for a long run
By proAm

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

4 and 1/2 yrs old and only 57k miles. I bought it for value. Don't like it for poor quality. Brake makes noises from day one. The 1st issue, the car died immediate after start. The 2nd air-condition. Both are covered under warranty within 3 years. Since then, power steering made noises and the car shakes at cold start some time. I added in a little steering fluid help a little. Yesterday the engine light on for vacuum leak at isolator bolts in intake manifold. It costs over $500 to fix it. It seems more troubles ahead. Now the car lost 2/3 value after 4 yrs. I did my part for maintain (3000 miles oil change, transmission fluid and filter change once. Air filter twice.) Ford not.

Space, I take the second seat out.

Quality

Bought used, 75K miles later
By Tim

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2003 Windstar Limited has been a very reliable van. We have put >75K miles on in less than 4 years of ownership. The only problems we have had is occasional flickering interior lights and the in dash CD changer that sometimes does not want to eject that we deal with. The Winstar was the last van with a removable 3rd seat rather than fold flat. This is the one thing that I dislike about the van. The rear seat is heavy and bulky to move in and out. The VCP rather than DVD based entertainment system is another drawback. Our limited is very quiet and comfortable to drive, although our typical gas mileage of 20 MPG is a little lower than what we had hoped for

Preset memory seats/mirrors. Wife and I are different sizes and having the van set seat/pedal an mirror position based on the key fob that is unlocking the door is great. Power sliding doors, little convex mirror to see the kidos and the backup sensor system are great!

Fold into the floor rear seat (2004 Freestar has it) and auto climate control would be great additions.

NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN
By NEVER BUY A FORD

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this lemon in 2005 had 32000 miles on it. I had to replace transmission in April 2007 at 50000 miles and replaced engine at 59000 miles, what a lemon. It makes me sick to think Ford builds cars like this to sell to family's. Will never buy another Ford product ever!!

I use to like the exterior looks as well as the interior.

Where should I start, Ford needs to offer better warranty if they do not know how to make vehicle last at least 100,000 miles. Electrical problems needs some attention, gas mileage needs improving.

2003 Windstar
By w. sick

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a reliable and totally trouble free vehicle with lots of both passenger and load carrying capacity.

Toatlly removeable seats wich maximum load capacity if needed.

With today's transmission advances, a 5 or 6-speed would be desireable.

It beats the bus
By big-b

2003 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a 1998 to a 2003. I like everything about it except that the engine is very noisy at low speeds. The dashboard display is a it distracting too.

Leather, power sliding doors, 6 cd changer, self dimming mirror, and a very attractive look.