Used 2000 Ford Windstar Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Windstar

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Never ending money pit
By wbazinau

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought this van in 2005 with 100,000. Miles. I had it checked at local Ford dealer before purchase and they said it was perfect? since, then new transmission, brakes, lots of rust, shocks, struts, check engine light wont stay off, interior lights go on when they want and wipers only work when they want.

Engine power is good when loaded. Roomy.

Fold down seats. Transmission needs recalled.better fuel economy

comfortable but undependable
By Tony

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought van with a little over 26,000 miles. I also purchased the extended warranty from Ford to cover for 5 yrs. Or 75k miles. I had to use warranty multiple times for head gasket, intake manifold leak, a/c, and other smaller issues. After the warranty ran out I have had Major brake problems and another manifold leak and now it is in the shop with Major transmission problems at 109,000 miles. I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy. I also think Ford has lost any future business of mine this is the fourth product from them that I have had to put out more money on than any other type of vehicles I have owned.

It has plenty of room for our family and the motor does have good acceleration even when fully loaded for vacations or hauling.

Drivetrain and a/c issues are too frequent and costly. Ford needs to take lessons from overseas (Toyota, Honda and Nissan) on how to make products more dependable.

Why I will never buy from Ford again.
By supremecourt101

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

Overall, this is a terrible car. The brakes are bad and the car is so heavy that it takes a long time to stop. The interior is uncomfortable and looks cheap, and everything breaks. I have had to spend over 15,000 dollars on repairs.

If I had to pick one, it would be the safety and the availability of side airbags.

RELIABILITY. You should not have to double the price you payed for your car because of repairs.

2000 Windstar
By trimerus

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Purchased the Windstar new and maintained well. Bought an extended 100,000 mile warantee but never needed to use it. have found vehicle to be reliable through the 95000 miles we have owned.

Like the foot pedel adjustment. My wife is short and has the seat position high.

Don't buy a ford!
By NOFORDS

2000 Ford Windstar LX 3dr Minivan

We purchased our Windstar used, 1 year old less than 20,000 miles. As soon as the warranty wore out the problems began. The transmission went out at about 65,000 miles. The heater and defroster broke. The door locks no longer work. The rubber also came off from around the sliding doors. There is also a problem with the wiring, causing dash lights to come on when there may or may not be a problem. We take very good care of our cars and have never experienced anything so terrible. It is currently not running, were not sure why this time, but we are not putting another penny into this piece of junk. It hasn't moved from our driveway in 7 months. And Ford wonders why business has been so bad?!!

None

Hopefully, Ford goes out of business.