Used 2000 Ford Windstar SE Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Windstar

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Run away quickly!
By irishmafia

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Worst car ever FORD fix or repair daily very apt for this piece of junk. What hasn't been fixed? Transmission went at 100k and had it back for months (new not rebuilt trans) trying to find out why it kept slipping -dealer finally found broken part in the housing, all types of emission repairs, starter sounds like its going today, many unique repairs needed, blower motor gone heat/ac electronic temp control went winter without any heat lousy gas mileage drivers seat springs cushioning gone at 140k cruise control stopped working fuses blow regularly electric rear window broken ABS light on since I bought it can't find anything wrong with brakes some genius designed only one door w/key

looks good sitting still

supply stick of dynamite with each purchase

Awesome
By Happy

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

The title says it all. I LOVE this car! This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. In nine years of ownership, only one thing has gone wrong: the passenger side door lock has been disabled. This is my second Windstar, as I bought one in 1995. Both were very reliable. These minivans are so comfortable, reliable, efficient, and stylish, that I wouldn't trade one for anything!

Leather seats, rear air, high seating position, comfort, everything else.

A little too noisy.

Great Car
By 2windstar50

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

I bought this car new because the last Windstar my family and I had, a 1995, blew a head gasket (first major problem). We loved it. This Windstar is excellent and there has only been one problem in 62,000 miles: the front passenger door lock doesn't work. This car is luxurious and one of the best.

Rear A/C control, CD player, power right side sliding door, very comfortable seats, third row seat can be moved to second row.

Too loud, some squeaks, suspension doesn't absorb very well.

Never ending money pit
By wbazinau

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought this van in 2005 with 100,000. Miles. I had it checked at local Ford dealer before purchase and they said it was perfect? since, then new transmission, brakes, lots of rust, shocks, struts, check engine light wont stay off, interior lights go on when they want and wipers only work when they want.

Engine power is good when loaded. Roomy.

Fold down seats. Transmission needs recalled.better fuel economy

comfortable but undependable
By Tony

2000 Ford Windstar SE 4dr Minivan

Bought van with a little over 26,000 miles. I also purchased the extended warranty from Ford to cover for 5 yrs. Or 75k miles. I had to use warranty multiple times for head gasket, intake manifold leak, a/c, and other smaller issues. After the warranty ran out I have had Major brake problems and another manifold leak and now it is in the shop with Major transmission problems at 109,000 miles. I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy. I also think Ford has lost any future business of mine this is the fourth product from them that I have had to put out more money on than any other type of vehicles I have owned.

It has plenty of room for our family and the motor does have good acceleration even when fully loaded for vacations or hauling.

Drivetrain and a/c issues are too frequent and costly. Ford needs to take lessons from overseas (Toyota, Honda and Nissan) on how to make products more dependable.