Used 2014 Ford Transit Connect Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Transit Connect Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

Other than parts falling off...
By Diane

2014 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XLT w/Rear Liftgate LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This van does a good job of replacing the Chevy Astro. I haul alot of dogs to events, and this van gives you tons of room with a small car feel when driving. BUT! Very annoying to have metal side panel fly off...i was lucky mo one was hurt! So, more time at the shop getting one of the endless recalls done. Next, the entire sliding door FELL OFF. The door mechanism was CHEAP and i was out $600... After that mice ate the airbags and the entire van was totalled in less than 2 years. I bought a Nisson van and I have to say it handles MUCH better in the snow. The Ford could not be driven in snow at all.

Weak Transmission
By Dave C

2014 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XL w/Rear Liftgate SWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a for transit with 20000 miles on it and at 65000 miles the transmission needs to be replaced. Apparently Ford knows the longevity of the transmission because they only put a 60K warranty on the unit. I reached out to Ford thinking that they would at least give me a partial adjustment since it is just out of warranty. They opened a claim file and it took me less then an hour to tell me there was nothing they could do. If you are looking for a long lasting low cost service vehicle this would not be the one. I will not be using Ford products for my fleet in the future.

Stay away
By Sussudio Harvey

2014 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XL w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this van for 31,000 miles now. At first was very happy . Comfortable an a zippy ride. Plenty of cargo room an access. Then things started to break. Pulled down the visor and the attachment broke. Pulled on a inside door handle and it came off in my hand. Now transmission is making a funny noise. But somehow the mechanics cannot hear it? Of course not, because it costs Ford money to check a Sealed transmission out. I have had many service vehicles over 40 years. I wanted a small cargo van because in certain areas the larger is bulky and not fuel efficient. The build quality on this van not very good though it looks it. And while it is very expensive initially I received a shock to see its resale value is Very poor.

Never Again
By Francois

2014 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought it for the cargo space and getting the A plan, but even with the A plan, this is the last straw for me owning a Ford. Some of my friends say Fix Or Repair Daily, well bought it new and has spend way too much time at the dealer, door latches broke, could not close sliding doors/ transmission would not up shift/ transmission fluid leaked from axle shaft/ rear parking aid stopped working/ AC is lousy so are headlights.
The only positive is the cargo space and I liked the 2 swinging doors. Bought it new to avoid problems using the van for my business. Will sell as soon as warrnaty is up!

Grandma's Taxi
By Marianne lingman

The only thing that I found hard to find were seat covers to fit the middle row seat.