Used 2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Best Bird yet
By Leisha TBN

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Best and most fun car a 50 year old could want!

Removable top, Port hole window is a real attention grabber.

More performance parts.

Most Fun I've Driven in Years
By JonG

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Got rid of an XJ8VDP for this car. I own a '96 Red XJS that is supposed to be my summer fun car - BUT - This car gets more looks, comments and thumbs up than the Jaguar (mine is Yellow with the two-tone yellow black interior). SHARP. Best surprise was power and performance - way better than I expected and cheap to maintain. Plus now that they are going bye-bye it'll be even a rarer sight. Not a practical car as far as 2 seater, shallow trunk.

Styling, head turning, retro details, hardtop/convertible, power, affordability. Insurance is reasonable - cars safety, injury and theft ratings are untouched in its class - ask your agent to look them up!

Heated seats, navigation, better factory ait-starter option (this is a one button start and stop - the Astro start is better but not covered by warranty). Extended warranty is over-priced. Roof seals are marginal.

I Love My T-Bird
By szwickel

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Neiman Marcus Edition 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My 2002 Red Ford T-Bird (hard top and convertible) is the most wonderful car I have ever owned. It is fun to drive and I just love the fact that after 2 and1/2 years, people still stop and comment on what a gorgeous car it is and how wonderful it is that Ford brought the car back. I always wanted the 1955 T-bird, but could not afford it, and when I finally could, my husband objected to buying such an old car. As soon as he saw the 2002 T-Bird he bought it for me and gave it to me as a surprise. The car looks good, drives like a dream and is fun to be in and be seen in.Thank you for bringing it back.

The style, the color, the fact that it is a hard top and convertible, the overall look of the car. It is just a great car to drive and to be in.

Since Ford has discontinued it, there are can be no improvements.

Best Bird I Have Owned
By Gobird

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 6th T-Bird and my best so far. I've owned an '84, '87, '89, '90, 95, and 2002. This Bird is a dream to drive and to look at. I think others feel the same way. We get looks from other drivers every time we are on the road. For me, this car is going to be a keeper forever. It is a comfort to drive on long trips and not bad on gas either. The handling is good; it's not a sports car but a very nice driver. It looks it's best with the hard top on but it's the most fun to drive with the soft top down on a warm summers day. There are better performing cars on the road but none have the classy look of this Thunderbird. I always wanted a '57 but this one fits the bill for me. It's just One Great Car

The hard top/soft top combo, little wind noise with soft top down, the full color interior only found on the 2002 model, Thunderbird Blue, radio and 6 CD player and the FUN FACTOR, just how can you rate this.

Maybe another 50 or so HP but that's about it.

Dream Car
By Larry S

I've wanted a T0-Bird since I was a
child and the T-Bird was new -- finally
got it! I'm not disappointed in the
least -- talk about the looks! As
another reviewer said, be prepared for
total strangers to ask all sorts of
questions. I've even been stopped by a
couple of cops just so they could get a
better look at it.

Styling and I LOVE the Thunderbird Blue, especially the hot turquoise interior.

More head room.