Used 2002 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Thunderbird

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

My Childhood Dream Car Come True
By BryanJMcLaughlin

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Since I was a child, I wanted a 50's T- Bird, and now that I have my black on black 2002, all of my dreams have been realized. She turns heads wherever I take her. The chrome wheels together with the chrome trim around the windshield really set the car off. It is more responsive than my Mustang GT. Honestly my most favorite of all the vehicles I've ever owned.

Far too many positive points to list! My description just can't do this vehicle enough justice. More looks than my Vette, my Viper, or my Prowler! Body Style, acceleration, smooth effortless auto transmission. Timeless beauty and style, gets attention wherever I go.

MORE aftermarket performance parts.

Satisfied owner
By Fred Altman

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car has performed flawlessly with absolutely no service requirements other than oil changes in the 15,000 miles I have driven it. The only problem I have encountered is hitting my head on the hardtop as I enter the car when it is on. The car attracts much admiring attention from both young and old wherever we go. Trunk could be bigger, but it does haul two suitcases plus several small packages.

Design of both the interior and exterior is extremely reminiscent of the 1957 T-bird we owned at one time. This is a much more functional driver. The power top is easy to use The adjustable steering column is great as well as the window glass which snugs up after entry to reduce wind noise.

I would have liked a cassette tape player in addition to CD player. Trunk could be a bit more spacious.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Dee

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Inherited this little beauty from my godmother with only 3k miles on it - I can't believe now that I tried to talk her out of buying it! (She and her husband had matching '55's in their day). The "Bird" helped to make her last few months more enjoyable, and will now give me several years of enjoyment. Great vehicle performance, and what a head turner!

The opera window - it just spells C-L-A-S-S.

Seating could be a bit more comfortable for long trips - but no real complaints here.

Best Bird yet
By Leisha TBN

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Best and most fun car a 50 year old could want!

Removable top, Port hole window is a real attention grabber.

More performance parts.

Most Fun I've Driven in Years
By JonG

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Got rid of an XJ8VDP for this car. I own a '96 Red XJS that is supposed to be my summer fun car - BUT - This car gets more looks, comments and thumbs up than the Jaguar (mine is Yellow with the two-tone yellow black interior). SHARP. Best surprise was power and performance - way better than I expected and cheap to maintain. Plus now that they are going bye-bye it'll be even a rarer sight. Not a practical car as far as 2 seater, shallow trunk.

Styling, head turning, retro details, hardtop/convertible, power, affordability. Insurance is reasonable - cars safety, injury and theft ratings are untouched in its class - ask your agent to look them up!

Heated seats, navigation, better factory ait-starter option (this is a one button start and stop - the Astro start is better but not covered by warranty). Extended warranty is over-priced. Roof seals are marginal.