Used 2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Thunderbird

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Nostalgia plus fun
By bud

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A lot of people complain about the price being too high and cite the car as costing $50K. I say to those people that I've got some swamp land for them to buy. I purchased this car for around $20K and the original sticker was $27K. For $25 K the car is an excellent sports car. It's not a Porsche but is quite nimble and has ample power with the small v8 equipped. For the money, it's a bargain. The fit and finish are quite excellent for a Ford. The reliability is not bad for a sports car of which cars in that category usually require a bit more than just changing the oil and filling it up.

Tight finish, good quality interior, surprisingly roomy for a small car, I'm 6'2" and have plenty of room.

More aftermarket parts and maybe an optional turbo.

Great car for fun driver
By George Schwab

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this for my wife and we both enjoy driving it, and owning it. It's not a hot rod, but has plenty of power. Smooth ride and very fun to drop the top and cruise. If you want a Corvette, buy one (I probably will) but don't sell the Thunderbird short. It's a keeper, in my opinion.

Styling, convertible top with hardtop option (good for here in Texas where it gets so hot in the summer). Radio and human factors are excellent. Quality has been better than I expected, in fact, nearly perfect. Only minor glitches and fewer than expected on a first year to market car.

To have kept it in production! Other than that, more power and some performance suspension options would have been nice. Great car, though, as is.

A Classic
By off n gone

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Having driven this car over 50,000 miles, I still smile. Car still gets looks and comments every place I go. And I live in SoCal. Could use a little more power, but it more than keeps ahead of traffic.

Soft top up or down in seconds. Hard top rarely gets used, but adds more class to a classic look.

Car has been discontinued. Great for me, bad for those wanting one.

My Childhood Dream Car Come True
By BryanJMcLaughlin

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Since I was a child, I wanted a 50's T- Bird, and now that I have my black on black 2002, all of my dreams have been realized. She turns heads wherever I take her. The chrome wheels together with the chrome trim around the windshield really set the car off. It is more responsive than my Mustang GT. Honestly my most favorite of all the vehicles I've ever owned.

Far too many positive points to list! My description just can't do this vehicle enough justice. More looks than my Vette, my Viper, or my Prowler! Body Style, acceleration, smooth effortless auto transmission. Timeless beauty and style, gets attention wherever I go.

MORE aftermarket performance parts.

Satisfied owner
By Fred Altman

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car has performed flawlessly with absolutely no service requirements other than oil changes in the 15,000 miles I have driven it. The only problem I have encountered is hitting my head on the hardtop as I enter the car when it is on. The car attracts much admiring attention from both young and old wherever we go. Trunk could be bigger, but it does haul two suitcases plus several small packages.

Design of both the interior and exterior is extremely reminiscent of the 1957 T-bird we owned at one time. This is a much more functional driver. The power top is easy to use The adjustable steering column is great as well as the window glass which snugs up after entry to reduce wind noise.

I would have liked a cassette tape player in addition to CD player. Trunk could be a bit more spacious.