Used 1993 Ford Tempo Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Tempo

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:

It is a good first car
By Jess

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car for myself for by birthday two years ago for $500, it had over 144k miles on it, now it has 156k. The top gloss paint has since worn off and I have spent over $1500 on it to fix all the problems like the brake lines, starter, battery, e-brake cable, and exhaust system twice. The window in the back no longer works, and one of the power locks doesn't work. The liner in the trunk is no longer attached, there is a lot of rust. But it is good on gas and gets me where I need to be, although at 55 mph it gets the shakes, not good in the winter, it gets stuck a lot. But it has been Nice while I've had it.

Plenty of room in the back seat

Could have better interior fabric, they get dirty really easy.

tempo from hell
By striker5799

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

i rather like the tempo. it has started to break down on me though, it only has 55k on it. but i put it through alot. i put a custom air intake in it though. it actually made it feel like it had more power. it also has an awesome sound system with a sony xplod stereo, 4 aftermarket speakers, and two 12 inch subs in the trunk. my oil pan gasket is bad and causing tranny fluid to slightly leak through so i had to keep adding more though. and it vibrates alot over 60 mph. also alot of screws have worked their way out of their holes, mostly due to vibrations from my sound system. i dont think it'l last me much longer though

automatic seatbelts, power door locks, reliable engine

more power

Ford Tempo - Works For Me!
By Matthew

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

I have had little to no problems with the car. I did have to have the speedometer cable replaced several times due to it being noisy. Otherwise, while keeping it maintained, it's been a perfect car for 13 years.

I like how it looks. It has good get- up, being the 6. It's easy to drive.

Maybe a little more room for the passenger, and back seats. Big people always have a tight fit.

keeps on chugging
By dumbo

1993 Ford Tempo GL 2dr Coupe

198m000 miles with no major repairs; what more do I need to say. I want a new car but how can you give up on the "humbler" (that's what we call it because it's a humbling experience to drive the "humbler").

Easy to work on.

Front suspension is lacking.

1993 Tempo
By Matthew Belcher

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

I have had excellent luck with my car. The only thing that has been wrong with it is that the speedometer cable has made noise throughout the years. I have had it fixed many times by Ford, yet it still makes noise. The car rides rough, and doesn't do well in the snow. Otherwise, very reliable, no big problems at all.

Ease of drive.

Maybe a little better ride, and gas mileage (I have the 6).