Used 2013 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

13 Taurus Limited
By Bill Hoffee

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Taurus in June of this year and I really like it. It's a significant step up from my previous car (09 Cobalt). However, the gas mileage in the city isn't that great, especially when the huge fuel tank is full. I'm usually alone in the car so it's a little big for me. But it would be perfect for a family. I've never seen a trunk so big. The leather seats are holding up well as is the paint. I'm told it has dual roll bars and an anti-theft system. That's nice considering I live in St. Louis.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned!
By T Justice

2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car! Very classy looking. Great style inside and out. Great performance. Love the Platinum White Metallic paint with the Charcoal Grey interior. This can really get up and go when you need it to and I love the fast response with great handling. Everyone that rides in it always says how impressed they are with the smooth ride and not a lot of road noise. This car is beautiful inside and out and very roomy. I'm not a small person and I am very comfortable. The back seat is also very roomy with plenty of leg and hip room and the sound system is great with music filling the entire interior of the car with 8 speakers throughout. Comfortable for driver and passengers, large trunk space, high tech safety equipment, assembled in U.S.A., 6 cylinder, PERFECT! Love, love, love this car!!

A beast that glides
By Jeremy

2013 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The sho is a hidden gem of engineering. It's beautiful inside and out with more features than you really need. It was built to compete with higher end European performance cars like Audi and BMW and it shows. The car accelerates effortlessly and the ride is smooth. Combining for a sensation of gliding down the road and through corners on its all wheel drive, sport tuned suspension. I've had no mechanical issues through three years and roughly 40k miles other than a recalled fuel pump. So far I'd say it's built with quality. I would recommend this car to anyone willing to put gas mileage on the back burner.

expensive repair
By Bob Brunkel

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The water pump replacement cost is $2,000.00. This is ridiculous.

Taurus Size is Great, but Engine not so good
By Ray

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2013 Taurus used in October of 2013 with 52,000 miles on it. I really like the size, comfort and ride quality. Also, the AWD is a feature that works great in the snow. I have had a few engine issues with this car. The big expense was the water pump I had to replace at 150,000. Water pump replacement is a very expensive repair as the pump is inside the engine which requires special tools, engine removal, disassembly and all gaskets are replaced. This is a $2,000 idea to replace a water pump! This is a bad design. To make matters even worse, I had issues with the gaskets leaking. I brought it back under warranty to the dealer to repair, but they die in the engine oil validate leaking instead of fixing it. Then I didn't return before the warranty expired, so they didn't honor the warranty. The dealer was Larson Ford, Inc. 1150 Ocean Ave. (Route 88), Lakewood, NJ 08701. I had to pay $1,000 to replace the gaskets. Needless to say, I would return to the Ford dealer, but I have noticed that he ford service is not so great in the areas in Centereach NJ. Overall I really like the Taurus, I just had some bad luck with this one and the dealer support for Ford is weak. They should take more ownership in build quality and the training of the service managers and techs.