Used 2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Another disappoinment.
By beeryan78

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a Ford man my whole life. However, the last 3 Fords I have owned have been severely problematic. The older Fords we have are excellent and have been a great value(00 Taurus, 02 F150), however, this new Taurus has been a disaster. First, the clearcoat is cracking and the paint on the trunk was poorly executed. Ford has offered to repaint, but I am afraid they will make it worse. Next, the interior materials could be better. I barely rubbed my finger on the faux wood and scratches galore! Ridiculous! Now, and apparently this is a know issue, the trunk(when closed), rubs on the bumper and the paint is rubbing away. Also tearing up the tailight. Unacceptable! My last Ford.

Sync, color(Ginger Ale is beautiful), most of the styling, trunk space, gas mileage is fantastic(took it on a 6-7 hr road trip and still had a 1/4 tank!), tan interior(Ford has gotten away from many choices and it is a shame, glad the Taurus still has the option), interior design(mostly), Love the high roof.

If you are going to use fake wood, at least make it durable. Unpainted plastic skirting is hideous. Paint it! Speaking of paint, learn how to paint a vehicle and teach your workers how to inspect. This is my second Ford since 2010 with a paint defect. Rattles..car is starting to already have them...unacceptable this day in age. Brakes...did anyone at Ford drive this vehicle before they released it? Brakes are too weak. And please get rid of the shiny black plastic on the b-illars. It scracthes waaay too easy and looks awful quickly.

My Limited saga continues
By jan56

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all let me say that I love the car itself and were it problem free, I would love it that much more.
I picked up my vehicle on March 17, 2012, as of 7/18 it is at the dealer for the 3rd time with the same problem and a new one.
All the warning bells
go off and I have no tachometer, no speedometer, no air, and all the warning lights are rotating and flashing, then the blind spot fault light and front end collision lights stay on.
Replaced computer, fixed a lose connection, still happening.
Now on 7/18 it also wouldn't start for a while.
Not really sure how to gauge the value or the performance cause as of right now, been without it for a total of 4 weeks.Not a happy consumer.

Love the exterior styling and ambient lighting. Also love the cinnamon metallic color.

Front seat headrests create difficulty in looking out the rear side windows.

Windows stick, really???
By fordguy20

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only had my Taurus since October 2011. Seemed to be a pretty good car and was looking forward to winter driving now that I have AWD. Only problem is that the first cold morning after I had the car outside all night, the windows were stuck and I couldn't get them open! Finally, one window in the rear opened, but the other three were still stuck. Is this a feature I glossed over and it's actually designed to keep the cold out??? Really Ford - what genius team of engineers is responsible for this flaw??? I can't wait to see what it takes to get this fixed.

Also, the cup holders are so tiny I can't find a cup small enough for these crazy things, except maybe a dixie cup. Strike tw

Heated seats, AWD, Sony stereo, body style.

Windows that open in the winter and larger cup holders.

almost luxury , beware of goodyears
By kyle26

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have put 2,000 miles on this car and still don't know what to think.
From the beginning the goodyear eagles 19" have been a joke, it took 10 tires to get 4 that would balance, huge disapointment however dealer was great and made it right.
The ride seems to be quiet at times and real noisy at others, road, wind, tires?? i don't know.
however the ride is soft the seats real comfy and all the amenities top notch which leaves me to wonder why the crappy tires.
anywho a gtreat car to short lease but that maybe it, still its better tan a cadillac cts.

interior, backup camera

tires, tires, tires.

Still have quality issue...
By chad_sh

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car drive well when it's new.
We had it about 5 months now.
And some issues started to appear.

raddled sound from inside the car
leake gas when pumping gas.
Dealer have no idea why.
they are keeping the car for a day.

power and large room

put a lock on gas cap. fix the leak and loose sound. oh, now it's winter, heater has a strange smell.