Used 2011 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Love/Hate My Taurus
By kdawn

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Taurus one year and have 38k miles on it. I use it for my job. I have had it in the shop 6+ times for transmission issues. It shifts very hard and hesitates going into gear, leaving me in unsafe situations. I love the look of my car. It's fun and sexy, but just very dissappointed in the service I have received. I am now dealing directly with Ford and am reviewing the ins/outs of the Lemon Law. I HAVE to have a safe vehicle as I am a mom and a grandma and I want to stay around for a while.

Remove the paddles from the steering wheel. Never used and not very appealing. Put a light in the glove box. Lower the hood a bit. It's hard to see out the front sometimes. Change the rearview mirror. It doesn't darken enough with bright headlights. Fix the seals on the bottom of the back doors. It throws dirt in the back seat. Re-design the panels on the front doors (where keyless entry pad is) - they come loose very easily.

I love my car!
By bayway48

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been drooling at the new Taurus since it re-emerged in 09. I rented an SEL twice for family trips. However, never thought I would buy one. The Mustang was on top of the list. I bought my Limited back in June. Since then, I have been on a road trip to Oklahoma to visit family and we drove my car the whole time. Couldn't get my sister out of the driver's seat. In July, my brother and I took a 6,000 mile road trip through MO, TN, Smoky Mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway. Couldn't get him out of the driver's seat. Bottom line, this is one of Ford's finest. Beamers, Lexus, Audi, et al, you have been matched. Everyone wants to race me when I drive to work. I just sit back and smile. Awesome!

Sony sound system, Sych, 19 inch tires, Navigational System, rearview camera. It's all super!

Put a cap on the gas intake. It still makes me nervous with the auto fill.

SHO for the long legs, is worth the extra money and beats all foreign comparables hands down.
By 100kmileman

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall this car is underrated by this site, JD Powers, and consumer reports.
What you get for the money is far more than what is advertised.
For me Ford finishes ahead of Lexus, BMW, Infinity, and Audi.
Honda and Toyota are just not in the same class to me, they can't compete.

Sizing:
I consider myself a very picky driver that is extra tall.
I wear a 38" inseem pant, and I fit.
Still want 6 inches more but overall good.
Go with the extra seat adjustments if you are tall.
Performance:
I hate driving behind Toyota, Honda and Ford Fusion drivers-slow and no confidence.
I pass them with ease with this American muscle.
It fits how I drive.
Warning - The SHO is not for the timid.

Performance is exceptional. The SHO can out run anything on the highway aside from the exotics. I've beaten everyone off the line at the stop light, and passed anyone I've wanted with great ease. Hint - use premium gas - you get a jolt to your horsepower. Huge brakes also enhance the level of control for sudden stops. Tech - with MP3 player plugged in I can call out my favs witout taking my hands off the wheel. Hands free phone is great- full phone book and can get texts as well (although haven't done the text yet). Love changing the interior light colors to any of the 6 different choices. 20 inch wheels make a difference in looks as well. Suggestion: go with the chrome

Needs more leg room. If they just made this the most leg room in its class and added another 6 inches in the driver's seat, I would own this car for life. Nav System is impressive, but having to go through more than 4 steps to confirm location is a flaw that needs to be addressed. You should be able to say city, state, street address all in one and have it populate a list to chose from. Back end design doesn't give the sporty appearance that this car deserves. The SHO moves like an elite athlete through speedy traffic and handles amazingly better than BMW and Audi, I know, I've driven them both. Check out the rear design of Audi A5/A7.

2011 SEL
By brachmw

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my SEL for 6 months now.
Can't say enough about it with the possible exception that big and tall drivers will be a little cramped on the driver's side.
I am used to spacing my legs out side to side, but it is difficult in this one.

Everything is great on the car except for the spacing.

Not so great a Buy
By dans10

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While many on here seem to have gotten a decent car, mine has not been that good.
I purchased the car and had to schedule a service visit within 4 hours, car has a vibration and shimmy at highway speeds and considerable more noticeable in curve. Ford has had this car in there shop longer then I have had it in my garage. It's in now for it's second visit for the same issue with the local dealer here trying to push it out the door with no fix for the issue. The lines on the car are good, however a crooked installation on the windshield detracts.
I am considering going down the lemon law route with this car at this point and wouldn't recommend this car to others.... PASS ON THIS ONE

I enjoyed the entertainment and Nav system in the vehicle, had more functionality then most other vehicles I looked at. Overall style is very good, I wish the mechanicals under the looks could match.

Need to train Ford mechanics on how to work on these cars, they don't seem very bright at this point