Used 2011 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Best car I have ever owned!
By kjb828

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Taurus SEL 6 months ago.
It was a used rental car with 54,000 miles on it.
It was like a new car.
Exceptional in almost every way!
Am 6'4" and have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals...very roomy front seat.
Love this car and have had 42 cars in my life...I'm a car guy...what can I say?!?
Though basic SEL with few options it is well equipped with what I want/need in car.
As quiet as my previous 3 Lexus LS models, has a slightly firmer ride which I actually like and now at 57,000 miles it is just as great a car as it was when I bought it.
Paid $13,992 and got a screaming deal!
Great looking, great driving, great car....will have this one a very long time!

Love the room, the size of the trunk, the design, the quiet ride, and the ease of use of all features. I drive very short trips, 1 to 3 miles at a time, but still get over 21 mpg. And I have a heavy foot! Love the transmission. No problems at all in any way. I live in AZ and the AC is excellent! The engine is quiet and very responsive. All controls are within easy reach...clearly ergonomics of this car were studied and designed with great thought to driver needs. Passengers who don't know this is a Ford are amazed that it is a Taurus....thinking it is a much more up market car. After market options are readily available. Love my locking gas cap and rear spoiler...very subtle!

The only improvement is to find some way to improve rear visibility when backing up. Significant blind spots, so I have to be careful because I don't have the rear camera. Having said that, it would impact the design of the car which I think is exceptional! Other than that, I wouldn't change a a thing!

Door seals/weather seals
By donald48

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had our car back for repairs
for the poor sealing rear doors 5 times since we bought it new.If you drive these cars
on any rural roads like we do in the summer you have to just about have anyone in the back seat wear a mask.The dust that comes in is terrible.This design was not tested, the excessive road noise on this model compared to the 2008 which I had
is
a huge increase. There will not be a repair done, Ford seems to be putting this off and hoping it will go away, instead they are loosing a lot of good customers who stayed with them for a good30 years like myself. My 1970 Ford F100 does not get as dusty in the cab as this car does.

The car on awhole is excellant, we like it or we would not have bought it.I had an 05 500 to start with, then the 08 Taurus which was also a very nice car, only thing we had with it was the trans, I did not like this trans for mountain driving, could not shift it down. The 2011 has the 6 speed with the shifters, great improvement but why not do a decent door seal This car is comfortable, has the heat/cool seals, lots of room, massage is nice as is the rear cam.

fix the door seals. the calipers have a tendency to pickup small stones which make a lot of loud noise until they are either removed or ground up.Is it possible to guard this area to stop some of these stones from getting in the calipers

Good acceleration, not as fun as Speed 6 or G8 GXP
By costeld

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I may be one of the few people who have owned a Mazdaspeed 6, a new Taurus SHO, and a Pontiac G8 GXP with manual. I lost the Speed 6 in a divorce, downgraded for a while to a police interceptor (fun to abuse b/c its cheap), then bought a 2011 Taurus SHO with performance package in october of 2010. Mine had most options, only lacking adaptive cruise control (I think). I got a good deal on it (had to cross shop 4 dealers from 200 to 1000 miles away), but walked out $8000 under MSRP. I loved all the luxury features (not a Lincoln after all) and fresh styling. Overall a good value. However, I regretted not buying the G8 gxp instead (was hard to find) and eventually sold SHO for the GXP.

Many optional features! Impressive interior design and seats. Fast.

Conservative top speed (138 I think). Engine 2000 rpm below redline at top speed. Numb, over boosted steering. Fine in town but approaching top speed on the highway the steering wheel feels too light. (The wheel jerks when traversing bumps on turns). Choppy ride quality especially at speed. The top speed though conservative feels fast for the car. Terrible visibility, especially out the rear. thank god for the back up camera. Front seat area was somewhat claustrophobic. Unattractive two tone brown interior (which they fixed for 2013) and destracting recessed gauges (which they also fixed for 2013). Myford and Sync too complicated and distracting from driving. Infuriating voice recognition.

Love My Car
By bonusvalue

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned another Ford Taurus and though really liked the car the transmission made me think I would never again own a ford, but so far this Taurus SEL make me change my mind about Ford. I drive at least 65 miles daily and I love it more each day

I love all the features the only thing it does not have that I think I would like is nav and my ford touch but driving directions is available with this car and don't think about it much

The car started off quiet in the cabin and now I can hear road noise so I guess I would like to see it quieter.

So So SHO - not reliable
By ralloyd

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Beautiful vehicle although too many safety issues.

Sensor in the engine was bad and it took Ford 3 months to diagnose and repair the problem.
The vehicle shuts off randomly and Ford has no solution for repair.

Now the roof leaks.
Not a happy Ford customer at this time.
My SHO is a lemon!

EcoBoost Engine - great mileage up to 30 mpg on the highway

Improve ability to trouble shot problems and make repairs.