Used 2011 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

homerun for ford
By vjd2211

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

500 miles on it and impressed by the fuel mileage coming as advertized (23-24mpg suburban, 26-28 highway at 65mph)
also initial quality very good

navigation with weather and traffic side mirrors showing if any problem with blind spots adaptive cruise control with collision avoidance

rear seats have not enough foot clearance for such a large car a six seat version of the car(3+3) is also desirable

SO FAR SO GOOD!
By saintjr

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoying riding in my 2011 Taurus Limited. Just turned over 800 miles and thus far I am a happy camper! Got it near the end of 2010. I love its size and comfortable ride. The cargo volume is huge.
Every where I go I get thumbs up. The over all remark is well the Taurus has really come into its own.

I love the sound system and the voice-activated Nav. and Sirius system. The inside changeable lights are a nice change. The inside ride is void of outside noise. It handles very nice with a strong feel of owning the road.

A locking gas door. There is limited room on the drivers left leg. It is very hard to put your left leg out. On my past CTS i could straighten my leg out completely. Such a nice stereo system should have more than a one CD storage. No light in the glove compartment.

Best car we have ever owned
By Dick

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had spent considerable time and effort in shopping for a new car. The primary contenders were Buick, Avalon, VW, Lexus, and of course Ford Taurus. We included the Lexus only because of the features, but felt that it was over priced. The Taurus won hands down. It is a dream to drive, looks great, and has all of the features we would like and more.

Heat and A/C seats, backup camera, adaptive cruise control, good mileage, SYNC and navigation, interior lighting, memory seats, Blind spot warning, auto wipers, auto bright beams. Driver and front passenger comfort, I would like more rear leg room, willing to have a smaller trunk.

My strongest recommendation is for the adaptive cruise control. I believe that the "three second" separation rule is the best for safety. I believe that it would be a software upgrade. The manual steering wheel adjustment is difficult to use. Improve the mechanism or auto adjust with memory.

Love This Car
By Jack

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned this car for 3 months now and have to say I love it. It is a lot of fun to drive. Bought it with the moon roof and 301A package. Gas mileage is very good, stiffer ride than I am used too but I'm getting used to it. Sound system is very good although Microsoft could improve Sync. I have no problem with the head rests or rear window vision. Shift paddles are useless to me. Received a lot of compliments from other people.

In dash Sirius radio. USB port for flash drive music. Paid $1.95 for a utility that plays my play lists in the order I want. Very happy with the fuel economy.

Why is the interior roof beige? Interior is charcoal. Ford needs to evaluate this. Two tone color looks cheap.

Great Features
By Dennis

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Taurus Limited FWD last weekend, and had a 600 mile trip to Michigan. I was truly impressed with the adaptive cruise control, and collision avoidance equipment, which worked very well. The BLIS system was also well received and needed due to sight limitations. The navigation and Sync were also a pleasure to use. Many premium cars don't offer the same technology for $20K more, so you get great value for the price. Fit and finish is very good, an improvement from a previous 2002 Ford vehicle. Interior and exterior styling are both attractive. Standard engine performance is acceptable with better handling than my previous car, an Avalon. It's worth a look.

Adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, Sync system. Styling, fit and finishes are top notch. Last two vehicles were Japanese, but the Taurus won my business.

Head rests can be annoying. Losing 400 lbs of vehicle weight would help performance. Fair amount of glare on navigation screen, but still readable. If you need better performance, the SHO version will really impress.