Used 2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great car
By garyg

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my SHO for 7 months and like the car better every day. No defects, no service needed, great performing sedan. Mine has the multi-contour seats with massage which I never thought I would use but have grown to enjoy. The adaptive cruise and blind spot alerts work flawlessly. Originally I bought this as a third car, one that I could trade off with my wife for commuting or go into the mountains for skiing. My main driver was a Porsche. This car is so good on the commute, I am afraid to let my wife try it for her commute. I don't think I would get the car back. Every guest in the car has been equally impressed.

Multi-contour seats, adaptive cruise, rear camera and parking alerts, seamless low-end power, stereo, Sync, Bluetooth integration, quiet, collision avoidance, fuel economy

A few added inches of rear leg room

Ford sho babyboomer new muscle car
By mikev

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had 3 muscle cars back in late 60s, early 70s. The SHO is the luxury version of those. It's lightning fast for a big car and handles amazing easily. Every guy who looks at the interior says one thing, What a Cockpit! I did have to add some side detailing as I didn't want a sleeper I wanted everyone to know it was a SHO. Pickup is amazing smooth giving the fact it's turboed. Had a turboed Mazda before with front wheel drive only & was dangerous. Love the soundproofing although miss the rumble of a true muscle car. Love the Sony sound system. Wanted a car built in America so coming out of Chicago was very important. Gas mileage is only negative although knew it going in. All I can say is WOW

Styling is great, a real head turner. Love the all wheel drive with the turbo no violent steering issues. Quietness of it is amazing. Driving on the highway at 70, no road noise at all. Favorite feature is of course 365 HP.

Headrest lean forward too much. Vision out the back is not very good, but rear sensing helps. Decal package option. I had to have it done myself. Who in there right mind would want to hide the fact that it's a SHO. Nothing outrageous like the Chargers just something on the rear side panels.

Anyone else have issues with sho
By can not find problem

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this car last year 10/09. Have had it in the ford dealership for same problem 4 times, transmission downshifts at all different speeds. Feels like transmission is going to fall out of car. Can hear big thunk and feels like car downshifts. Is anyone else having this issue. Dealership can not figure this out, very upset and unsafe. Every time we bring it in, it does not do it for dealership

can not love a car you do not feel safe in.

Love my Taurus
By lglass

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in March 2010. Not one problem with it. Just love the car! If someone had told me I would be driving a Taurus 6 months ago, I would have said they were crazy. Not your mother's Taurus.

Happy salesman
By Salesman

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a Ford Taurus SEL with everything but leather in June. I already have five thousand miles on the car and I still can't find any problems or complaints. People stop me on the street to comment on the styling and color (Candy Red) I love the car and I am getting 27.2 mpg on the highway and 22 off. Average of 24.8 overall. Car has great power, love the steering wheel controls and the dash design. Interior lighting is nice. I put a lot of miles on and my only recommendation to Ford would be the drivers seat could be a little more comfortable, but it isn't bad. Car rides like a dream, and for the money there is nothing else like it.

Interior and exterior design. I get people who will roll down their windows to compliment on the street. Ride is superior to anything else I've owned, and I've always had very nice cars.

Visibility can be an issue so you have to be careful, bliss on all models would be nice.