Used 2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Love my SHO
By carguy161

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, limited production, I obtained a signed certificate from Ford which is pretty cool.
Very quite and powerful car. Great highway mileage. If you buy a 2010, be sure to have the dealer perform the TSB's (technical service bulletin) for a few minor issues.
I have spent under $100 in the last two years in service and maintenance.

Technology, weather radar, traffic updates, great stereo, love bluetooth streaming music, also has USB port for jump drive loaded with tunes, massaging seats are nice for long trips. AWD works great in snow. Automatic cruise control is nice in traffic, like the collision warning system, been saved several times by the cross traffic alert when backing out of parking spaces once warned of a kid approaching on his bike, after two years still get asked about it and find groups gathered around it in parking lots.

Less chrome

Chrome trim
By damage44

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like the car overall. Handles well. Great pickup to get on highway.

Design

Ford has a quality problem. Whichever vendor made the tailights did not adhere the chrome correctly and it will peel. Ford will replace if the vehicle is still under the bumper to bumper warranty. But they are replacing it with the same faulty tailight assembly. Once the chrome peels again Ford will not replace them if the warranty has expired. Quite a shame for Ford to knowingly use the same faulty tailight assembly to replace another.

I should have bought the Venza
By sleepless1

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a joke and so is Ford.
43,000 miles 45 days in shop
Chrome peels off tail lights
Fuel injector failed
Brakes failed
Transmission feels like slipping
Numerous issues while driving I do not feel safe in this vehicle a couple near misses
My family will not ride in this car
JUNK JUNK JUNK

TEST THE VEHICLE BEFORE BRINGING TO THE MARKET PLACE

Best car I've ever owned.
By smcnair

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 40,000 miles driven in 2 years and not a single complaint.
From the ground up this car is built to impress.
You can tell that the Boeing influence was implemented in the front seat "cockpit" design.
I still get compliments from people in parking lots who cannot believe it is a Taurus.
I traded in my 2007 BMW 3 series and am sooo happy I did.
I feel that the Taurus is more luxurious than my BMW was and is better on gas as well.
If the Taurus ever does need to be worked on, it will be a fraction of the cost my of the BMW.
Bravo, Ford!
Bravo!

I get a lot of leaves stuck under the trunk lid. Not IN the trunk, just under the lip. Easy to clean, but a little annoying.

15,000 miles AC Compressor failed
By same_ole_ford

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There is not a lot to say $30K+ and the AC compressor failed-broke the drive belt 2nd new car I have had to tow to the dealer - 1st one was an then new 1985 Ford Escort - the Cam shaft belt broke - around 15,000 miles
Ford begrudging fixed the engine after I told them I was was going to rent the lot across the street and park my lemon with signage to the fact why it was parked there.

I agree with Mr. Lemon going back to Honda.

Interior is nice to sit in and wait for the tow truck to pick you and your new car up

Ford needs to vet thier part supplier better.