Used 2010 Ford Taurus SHO Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Taurus SHO

SHO 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (37 reviews )

Great car
By garyg

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my SHO for 7 months and like the car better every day. No defects, no service needed, great performing sedan. Mine has the multi-contour seats with massage which I never thought I would use but have grown to enjoy. The adaptive cruise and blind spot alerts work flawlessly. Originally I bought this as a third car, one that I could trade off with my wife for commuting or go into the mountains for skiing. My main driver was a Porsche. This car is so good on the commute, I am afraid to let my wife try it for her commute. I don't think I would get the car back. Every guest in the car has been equally impressed.

Multi-contour seats, adaptive cruise, rear camera and parking alerts, seamless low-end power, stereo, Sync, Bluetooth integration, quiet, collision avoidance, fuel economy

A few added inches of rear leg room

Ford sho babyboomer new muscle car
By mikev

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had 3 muscle cars back in late 60s, early 70s. The SHO is the luxury version of those. It's lightning fast for a big car and handles amazing easily. Every guy who looks at the interior says one thing, What a Cockpit! I did have to add some side detailing as I didn't want a sleeper I wanted everyone to know it was a SHO. Pickup is amazing smooth giving the fact it's turboed. Had a turboed Mazda before with front wheel drive only & was dangerous. Love the soundproofing although miss the rumble of a true muscle car. Love the Sony sound system. Wanted a car built in America so coming out of Chicago was very important. Gas mileage is only negative although knew it going in. All I can say is WOW

Styling is great, a real head turner. Love the all wheel drive with the turbo no violent steering issues. Quietness of it is amazing. Driving on the highway at 70, no road noise at all. Favorite feature is of course 365 HP.

Headrest lean forward too much. Vision out the back is not very good, but rear sensing helps. Decal package option. I had to have it done myself. Who in there right mind would want to hide the fact that it's a SHO. Nothing outrageous like the Chargers just something on the rear side panels.

Anyone else have issues with sho
By can not find problem

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this car last year 10/09. Have had it in the ford dealership for same problem 4 times, transmission downshifts at all different speeds. Feels like transmission is going to fall out of car. Can hear big thunk and feels like car downshifts. Is anyone else having this issue. Dealership can not figure this out, very upset and unsafe. Every time we bring it in, it does not do it for dealership

can not love a car you do not feel safe in.

Bad Design
By Bob Whalen

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is very nice overall, but the headrest are a joke. Extremely annoying, I took mine off altogether. It has bad blind spots, and for the size the rear seats are puny .

Safety. Rain sensing wipers.

Adaptive Headlights with Night Vision. Rear Center Consul. Larger Rear Seats. Parallel Park Assist. Front, Side, and Rear Parking Sensors. Better Audio Option.

Best in SHO!
By Todd

2010 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The SHO Taurus is amazing - incredible job by Ford. I've had Lexus, BMW, Infiniti, and Acura - shockingly this car competes in that group at $10-$15K less. If Americans don't consider this car they are snobs. First, it is QUICK - this car has the zoom-factor that will make you grin. The integrated SYNC, Sirius, and voice controls make the navigation and satellite radio a must have and set the bar for the industry. At first sticker seems high for a Taurus, but with the options you get it is extremely well equipped relative to all luxury sedans. GO DRIVE ONE!

Absolutely love the adaptive cruise control. Nav system with Sirius radio/travel link is awesome. BLIS works like a charm and a great safety feature

I'd be nitpicking to come up with flaws - it does lack snob appeal.