Used 2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Pleasant Surprise
By JWW

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a used '08 Taurus with 1K miles. I think that this is a very underrated car. The interior is well finished with lots of features. Power is decent and fuel economy is better than expected. This is a lot of value for a VERY affordable price. It is a better car than Camry and Altima. It is very spacious in both interior and trunk. Drive one before you buy Japanese and you might be in for a surprise.

Good engine performance/economy. I like the space and price for what you get. The interior is much nicer than Japanese competition with leather, dual A/C and CD changer.

The car needs a telescoping steering column for tall drivers. Styling is bland but the new changes for 2010 will fix that.

I Like the Style
By Dave

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had this car now for five weeks, and I'm really getting to enjoy its comfortable ride. Although I'm the only one in the household, I chose this vehicle because of its high rating, its likable style, in and out. It's a fun car to drive and can't wait to take it on a trip. MPG for me are 24 mixed city/highway, hoping for 30+ on the highway.

I love the 6-CD audio system, the cream-colored leather seats (that was a must for me), and the higher- positioned seat.

I would like to see more leg room, widthwise, on the driver's side. It's too much like a mummy-shaped sleeping bag down at the foot pedals; it narrows too much. Make it wider in that area. In addition, the steering wheel is a little too far away with the seat back for me because of my height.

Great Value
By Happy with 1st Ford

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am so happy with my first domestic. This has been the most reliable car I've owned, better then Toyotas and VWs I have owned. Almost 30K miles, and just perform maintenance. Highway mileage is best at 60- upper 20's, city is not great, but this is a 2 ton plus car (4075 with AWD loaded -C&D article) with 263 horsepower, larger than any Toyota or Honda by 400-500 pounds with AWD, so gas mileage for its size is commendable. It is not a Corrola or camry 4 cylinder, and honda and Toyota V6 cars, including the Avalon, are much smaller regardless of class (400-500 pounds), and they do not offer AWD. Taurus feels more stable at fast highway speed, especially with cross winds than other sedans.

Comfort, outstanding reliability, value, Sync, easy to use, visibility is best of any sedan, safety, acceleration for its heft. Even though this is an updated 500, I like the large interior, the high seating position, the enormous back seat, the huge trunk, and even the useful rear wing wondows.

Seat memory for passenger, front bumper sensors, telescopic steering wheel, and better high end stereo would be welcome. I like the look of the 2010 Taurus, but I am disappointed that the beltline looks like a 300, so visibility is taking a big hit, and the rear seat looses 3 inched of leg room.

Rear leg room!
By rj

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Getting 26mpg at steady speed of 62mph. I assume those getting better mileage have 2wd version. Performance adequate. Main reason to purchase this car was that leg room in rear seat, even with driver seat back, is excellent. We were unable to find any other sedan with enough leg room that even average adults can ride in the back seat for extended trips. They all seem to have yielded this market to mini-vans, which I don't car for. Can't figure out lack of automatic headlight switch. Even our $10,000 cheaper Chevy Cobalt had that! Now we are out of the habit of turning on lights at dusk and catch ourselves driving with them off at unsafe times. Nature's ugliest shade of brown on dash.

Rear leg room! AWD in a sedan for road safety. Seems to be a very safe design with side airbags, handling features.

More comfortable seats, ie: lumbar adjustments. Auto headlights! Different shade of brown on dash. Easier sequence to disable seat belt chime. Requires 9 seat belt connects/disconnects within so many seconds!

Excellent car
By 08TaurusMO

2008 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought as a replacement for my gas hog, it was like getting a raise! 24- 27 mixed driving. I am 6-2 280 and full size teen agers, all fit with room to spare, more than my Tahoe had! So far never back to dealer for anything. Has been an excellent car!

Room in car is great, plenty in front AND back

Maybe has a little rental car to much in its blood, oh well, it is what it is..........