Used 2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

WOW!!!!!!!!!
By John

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Ford's for the past 30 years and I must say this is by far the best one. Among those Fords was a Lincoln Town Car signature series loaded and theis Taurus has it beat by a mile. Gas mileage is great (29 hwy 22 city). There is more room in this car then in the conversion van I use to own. Comfort is beyond reproach. I always buy used cars about one or two years old and add on extended warranty. I do not think (hope) I will need my 100,000 mile warranty on this vehicle. It is just great. Ford you need to bottle this up and keep it on the shelf for future models. Now is I could only figure out how to put a SHO engine from a 2010 into this 2008 I will be happy.

Everything. Response, comfort, ride, trunk space, leg room in the rear seats, gas mileage, price, and on and on and on. Also I have a rear spoiler on this Ford that was on it when I bought it. Boy does that look cool.

Only problem is that sometimes sync does not understand commands. I would think they would need to work on that problem as I have heard that said by other Ford owners who have it.

My Taurus
By jaredb

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I liked the Taurus from the first time I saw it. Not impressed with the gas mileage though. I average 18mpg. The engine is strong, smooth ride, plenty of interior room and trunk space, nice stitching on the seats. The stitching is darker than the camel color seats I have which makes cleaning easier. The trunk space has as much room as my 2007 Explorer minus the height. I am totally satisfied with this vehicle.

The interior and trunk space is awesome. The 18" wheels are cool. Cupholders for everyone!

More mpg's would be great. I got rid of my 2007 Explorer to save gas but virtually to no avail. Still glad I bought this vehicle though. The trunk needs to actually lift open after popping it. Rear deck speakers should be added along with the door speakers.

My second Taurus
By Danny J.

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first Taurus was a 97 model. It currently has over 215k miles on it with no major issues and is still going strong(we did not trade it in). That's the main reason we decided on the Taurus when it was time for another vehicle. We have only had it a few months but we are well pleased with the new design. It's comfortable on long trips even for my 6ft frame and is a pleasure to drive. The dual air, multi disk cd changer and other new amenities make road trips much more comfortable. The huge trunk also makes it easier to bring everything we need.

Large trunk, comfortable seats with lumber adjustment, plenty of cup holders front and back, Power Moon Roof and putting the Power supply and accessory plug in for MP3 player inside the center console keeps everything out of the way while you are driving.

Tilt steering and increasing the fuel economy would be nice. We are averaging 24 with mixed city/hwy driving. That's about the only thing on the car that's average in my opinion.

Not your old Taurus
By Gary in WI

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a one year old Taurus SEL with leather and the major convenience group (auto climate control, 6 CD changer etc.). Overall, I have been extremely pleased with the car -- absolutely no problems. I have a couple of previous Tauruses, most recently an '06 SEL and there is no comparison to the current version. The older cars were OK, but they were basically appliances to get you from point A to point B. The current version is much more refined, favorably comparing to near-luxury cars such as the Toyota Avalon and for a bargain price! (No kidding, when guests ride in the car, they are surprised to find out it's a Taurus).

Maybe, I'm getting old (55), but I do like to upright driving position. Some people have commented on the fuddy-duddy appearance, but I like the clean look (kind of like a large VW Passat)

These are minor complaints: 1) Can't see the corners of car when parking. 2) Needs standard side moldings. 3) Dash dials look dated 4) Truck release does not "pop" the truck enough

Pleasant Surprise
By JWW

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a used '08 Taurus with 1K miles. I think that this is a very underrated car. The interior is well finished with lots of features. Power is decent and fuel economy is better than expected. This is a lot of value for a VERY affordable price. It is a better car than Camry and Altima. It is very spacious in both interior and trunk. Drive one before you buy Japanese and you might be in for a surprise.

Good engine performance/economy. I like the space and price for what you get. The interior is much nicer than Japanese competition with leather, dual A/C and CD changer.

The car needs a telescoping steering column for tall drivers. Styling is bland but the new changes for 2010 will fix that.