Used 2008 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Very nice car
By Richard

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Roomy, comfortable, plenty of power with good fuel economy, and nicely styled. I'm a happy owner. By today's standards it doesn't have all the bells and whistles (GPS, Sync, etc.) but still a very nice car with a very reasonable price.

After owning several vehicles with an outside temperature gauge it was disappointing to not have one on this car.

Not your father's Taurus
By JK

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine used 2 months ago. It is a big, comfortable car- much larger than the older style. The finish detail compares favorably with my 2002 Toyota Camry, except for the cheesy carpet deck in the trunk covering the spare. Seats are firm but comfortable, and power passenger seat a nice standard feature. My 6-4 son is comfortable in the back seat. Brakes great and plenty of power in the engine, worth the gas mileage trade off from my Camry. Although the 2010 has a sexier exterior, the wife and I both prefered the more open cabin in this model. We also chose this car over an Avalon. Worth a look and a great deal pricewise compared to a new one.

Uncommon features are standard and plentiful- fog lamps, power seats in both front, AC duct in rear seat area, digital display/ info system. We need a new cell phone for using Sync feature, but has some interesting looking uses. My prior Ford ownership experiences have mostly been good ones.

Shifts a little weird in slower neighborhood driving but not too bad. Do a better job trimming the trunk.

Great Car!
By Henry

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford Taurus Limited is possibly the most car you can get for the money today. Loaded w/leather, SYNC, Bluetooth, MP3, sunroof, all the latest safety features, plenty of interior room, a quiet, firm ride, silky transmission - I could go on and on. Bought mine used & could not be happier. I've owned Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, and more. This car is one the imports should aspire to be! Also, driving Louisiana roads is no picnic, but the Taurus makes it much more bearable. Thanks for a great ride, Ford.

Interior room and feel. Quiet ride. Sync. Stability control. The transmission is so smooth, I have to look at the tach to know when it is shifting. Nice visibility all around (no blind spots). Cavernous trunk.

Better fuel economy. Instant mpg indicator. More logical heat/air cond controls.

Ford has outdone themselves :D
By Mack

2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this car 4 days ago and I love it! At first I was iffy because of the past Taurus', but this one hasn't failed me! I love it! It has been getting great gas mileage, very roomy, the stereo is great w/ the 6 CD changer, the wood like finish, the 8 cup holders, and the storage! I love the way it looks inside and out! It's the perfect car for those who don't want the 4 cylinder or a V8! I searched for the car for me and this was it. I didn't go out of what was hot this year, but out of comfort and my likings. This fit everything. The style and comfort! I'm a V8 owner of a Ford Explorer XLT, and I love this V6 Taurus SEL. It gets me great gas mileage and saves me money!

All the space it has, the interior design, the seating, all 8 cup holders, the stereo system, the V6 engine, the overall comfort of it! I feel that I can keep this car when I start having kids and still rely on it :D :D

The seat sits too far from the steering wheel, even if you do tilt it and move the seat up to your comfort. The seat adjustments. I love that it's power, but I don't like the way it moves when trying to adjust the back, it's not comfortable.

repairs to look for
By jim

2008 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At 40,000 rear brakes needed replacement front lasted till 60,000. Now at 89,000 i smelt burning oil while driving rear differential seal gone, 2 day job as well as 1 minor engine oil leak . It is a good car.