Used 2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Can't beat the price
By seanPA

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with factory warranty at 27k. Only issue was at belt replacement the dealer couldn't get it on right and it kept squeaking ok now though. I drive about 1k a week and it hasn't let me down. Now at just over 100k I have to say for 11 grand its the best value i have ever seen.

Reliable

Looks are a little outdated

Won't Start Sometimes - Why???
By MichiganDriver

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really liked my '07 Taurus for the first 9 months I owned it. I purchased it in Feb. '09 with 35,000 miles on it. I purchased an extended warranty also. During November '09 through now (Feb. '10) I have had issues with the car just not wanting to start! You can clearly hear it trying to start, but it just won't catch. In fear of it "flooding", I remove the key and wait a couple minutes before trying again. It seems to take 2-3 tries before starting properly. The dealership cannot figure out the problem since it does eventually start. This started to happen about once every other week but now about once a week. Hate the idea of possibly being stranded one day.

Would be nice to find out how to fix the "starting" issue. Even has the dealership scratching their heads.

could not find better car for the price
By Great car

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had 24k miles when I purchased, now at 65K only one problem with A/C that was fixed with CPO warranty plus. Overall this is a reliable car and travels well. MPG on highway at 29 running at speed limit. No mechanical problems. I compared with Altima, Camry, and Accord V6 models, saved 40 - 50% in price comparison plus I am warranty covered to 100k miles.

Milage, cost, safety, engine responsive when on-boarding interstate hwy, center console with center shift.

the AC has a flap that opens/closes based on fresh or max air and heat. This door breaks and has been a known defect since 2000. If I were absent a warranty, I was quoted $1,300.00 to repair. this should be a recall to fix permanent

Surprisingly nice car!
By Chandaniwala

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive this car for work purposes. I work for the government. I am pleasantly surprised by how well this car rides and handles. I like the looks as well. My personal car is a 2006 Mercedes Benz E350. Handling and performance-wise, this Ford is almost on par with the Merc. It does not have the 6 CD changer or the real walnut trim, but the ride and handling are very good, and in the end, that's what matters.

Exterior styling, low cost of ownership. Many user-serviceable parts (For example, you can change the air filter yourself! Try doing that in a Mercedes or a VW Jetta).

Spiffy up the interior, Use some updated soft-touch materials in the interior. Use a better grade of cloth on the seats. Make a CD changer standard. The car I use takes only cassette tapes. Who uses cassette tapes these days? My 15 year old daughter does not even know what I am talking about.

One of the best values on the road
By TVGuy

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this to replace a 1990 Mercury Sable my daughter totaled. My son has a 2006 ex-Hertz Taurus that has been flawless. Bought the 2007 from Hertz, less than 30k miles for less than $10k with a 7 year, 100k mile warranty. My friends who spent nearly $30k on Camry's and Accords are shocked at how well it stacks up to their cars, and cry when they realize I bought Taurus' for $10k than their one car. Cheaper to insure too, and should be cheaper to fix too when repairs are necessary. Averaging 22 mpg overall, hit 27 on a road trip. I hear trannies can be an issue, but with the Ford warranty, it won't be my headache until after 100k miles.

Combination trip odometer, mpg and stopwatch is neat, but have no idea why I would ever need the stopwatch. Comfortable seating, lots of room, big trunk and the rear seat folds down for more room. Big, safe, and easy to drive, especially for my 2 young drivers.

The Taurus/Sable have always been lower than most other cars. Knew that after driving the Sable 18 years. Have to be careful not to scrape the front on cement parking bumpers. And getting in and out would be easier if a few inches higher.