Used 2005 Ford Taurus SE Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

No More Fords!
By ShaylaD

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in July of 2005 with about 20,000 miles on it. I needed something dependable so I figured that this was a great choice. I've always loved the way that bigger cars handled and I liked the look of the car. Worst car purchase so far. I had to replace the transmission at 70,000 miles(I got lucky, other consumers had to replace theirs at 40,000 miles), the air compressor and serpentine belt at around 40,000.

It is a nice looking car, very roomy and not too bad a ride.

Improve the gas mileage. Ford is aware of the transmission problems but will not fix them!

Very Bad Choice
By Betty

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new 2005 Ford Taurus SE with flex fuel engine. Can't run e85 fuel transmission. Began to slip under 30,000k, water leak onto front passenger floor. Every 2005 to 2007 Ford Taurus I inspected had water under carpet on front passenger floor board causing a musty smell and metal rust. Very poor mpg 18 average.

None

Build a car with no water leaks. Build a car that runs on e85 fuel. Build a car with better mpg.

2005 Ford Taurus FFV SE Sedan
By LS1Heli

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car from a private seller and glad I did. I actually run it all of the time on E85 Ethanol. I have the 3.0L Vulcan Flex-Fuel version. The car is smooth, quiet, and has been extremely reliable. Not one thing has broken on this car. Performance increase in E85 has been noticeable as well as the decrease in fuel economy because of it's use. I suggest that if your looking for a nice 4DR take a look at this one while removing the "import blinder". Much better than any Honda or Toyota!!

FFV E85 engine (no more oil support from me!), instrument panel, look, quiet and smoothness the car.

Increase fuel mileage. More power from base engine.

Taurus Lover
By Thomas

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very clean, crisp corners on this Taurus. Previously owned a 1991 Taurus (Tortoise) as I called it. I love the look and feel of the Taurus. I will buy another but, I will keep this one for some time and enjoy it. Lots of room, very quiet. An all around great car for the money. I would recommend a Taurus to everyone. I wouldn't give this car up for a Camry or Avalon or whatever. I will stick with the Taurus. This is my Cadillac!

No family car look to it, a sporty sedan. Strong response on the throttle when you need it. Lots and lots of interior room. A great car and I hope that Ford keeps making them for years to come.

More publicity, make this car stand out above every other vehicle.

2005 SE
By 2005 Taurus SE

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car after having a Taurus prior to this. It's a great roomy vehicle for the price. No other car in it's class seems to have the same price range, spaciousness, or fuel economy. The seats are not as comfortable as my older Taurus although more comfortable than the Camry. I drive lots and my back and behind my knees are very sore from the design of the seats.

Auto headlights

Please fix the comfort of the seats.