Used 2005 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

DON'T BUY FORD
By kimberly18

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble with this car since day 1!!! The paint is peeling off all over the car, forever replacing the brakes, the gauges don't work and to top it all off TRANSMUTATION went out !!! My car only has 80000 miles go figure.............ford seen me coming!!
I would not recommend anyone to purchase a ford vehicle they DO NOT stand behind there vehicles. There have been too many complaints about the tarus alone and they will do nothing about them!!!
I was on my way to my mothers radiation and the car just died no sign of nothing just won't go the cars engine runs but the car won't go!!
To have it fixed its going to cost more then the value of the vehicle............

moon-roof,cd player, air, leather seats,rear defroster

DO some MAJOR work on the engine it needs IMPROVEMENTS!!!! this vehicle should have lasted longer than it has................ a very dissatisfied owner!!! sincerely, NOT HAPPY :(

great car
By mkrawczyk

owned this car 5 year bought with 8k miles
now 68k never let me down i only put brakes and a battery in this car it runs great and still looks good anther great ford

Watch out for the coolant and radiator
By kazkiev

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first car and I really enjoyed it for 2yrs, bought it with 43k, the head gasket blew at 99k, Ford has a reputation for overheating, the components of the car are cheaply made which is why they are cheap at the junk yards. Very smooth ride, quite good on gas for a V6, sporty handling. I would buy it with low miles and drive it lightly, after it reaches, 100k, get rid of it

Beware Ford Tauruses--Transmission issues!
By meh123

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus, currently in the shop with transmission out. I have also owned a 1996 Ford Taurus which had to have the transmission replaced twice. The 2005 also had a transmission issue that cost 1,000 to replace. I will have to buy a new car because this transmission will cost 4,400. I will never buy another automatic Ford again. Only plus is that it has a VERY sturdy build and is comfortable to drive.

Car lasted me long enough
By a24dude

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Ford Taurus in 2007 used with 60,000 (got a good deal on it). No issues within the first year of having the car then the bottom fell out. Every year for the last 3 years I have had to completely replace all 4 tires (and I rotated them at each oil change at 3,000). Have had to replace the brakes on the car twice in the time I have had it. Along with other regular repairs. Now a couple of days ago, the car will start jerking while accelerating up to around 40 - 45 MPH, and it will also jerk really bad while backing up. On top of all of that the car was horrible on gas mileage. I am really close to getting a new car, because it has 140,000 miles on it.