Used 2005 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

This Might Help - Eccelerator petal gets stuck
By Terri Smalls

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I would not recommend ANYONE to ever by this car! Do you research on your own. This model has a record of the eccelerator petal getting stuck. Over 3 million reports. It happened to me and I had to call 911 while I was driving!! They refuse to recall until a certain number of fatalities. I am still paying for the car and can't drive it. This has been a nightmare!! I still owe a lot of money on the car, so MONTHS later. I watched a video on youtube of an older man suggesting a FIX for this EXACT model. I gave the Ford Mechanic the info from the video, he did it and it has worked for several months! The video man told us to do something with the Cruse Control Switch. It appears that once we fixed that. It would help. He was not sure how long, but it has HELPED! Once I can afford another car, I will get one QUICK! I called the better business bureau with my findings to contact ALL of you with the same problem to share info, but that brushed me off. This is a dangerous car. Don't buy it if you have not already!

Very disappointed.
By mercede

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've recently bought my first car, "Ford Taurus 05" my father had the same car for 5 years and it was such a reliable car we traveled a lot with it with over 40000 km on it never left us on the road. so I thought Id buy the same one so I did less then 4 months of owning this car its been nothing but hell. left me on the highway had to buy a new manifold for it witch cost me $1000 Canadian, I took it to the mechanic and they told me the car was fired hazard. I got that fixed but month after my car wont turn on nothing but a waste of money this car has been for me as a student and a full time this is not a car to save for. only thing is good on it is the BODY!

2005 Taurus Wagon
By diane_s

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great value!
Very useful for our needs.

space

None

Not bad value
By darin4

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 with 130,000kms. on it. The first winter it would not start when cold. Dealer replaced the fuel sending unit ($600). Have had little to no problems since. I now have close to 280,000 kms. and the car works great. It's nothing fancy, but for the price I hit a home run.

Big comfy haul anything land Yacht
By connemara

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just turned 200,000 Kms and love this car. Big, comfortable for long trips, reliable and can pack in as much as most half tons. Other than a prematurely rusted weld in the gas tank neck I only do regular maintenance to this car. I look after it, keep the rustproofing going, fix anything like paint chips etc. After I do a total clean-up and wax it it looks, runs and drives like new. Just changed the left ball joint and did a complete brake job (only the 3rd since new- hyway miles only). Tried the new Taurus and it felt claustraphobic due to the small windows and I don't like the way it and the new Focus are high in the rear. Vulcan engine is a Will keep mine until it is done - 6 more years???

Size, reliability, do anything car, why would anyome want a SUV?

Bring back the wagon