Used 2004 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Not a Mustang but ...
By Mike

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus has performed flawlessly for 2 years. I put Toyo Observe Ice/Snow tires on in the winter and she goes where I point the hood. I average 23 mpg. While the design architecture is dated, but it still creates an easy on the eyes profile. The stereo could stand a few tweaks but is more than commute adequate. Front wheel drive wander is noticeable, but slight. The ride is smooth, very quiet, and at the edge of luxurious. It's a shame they were the rental fleets #1 choice for so many years. That coupled with the "you pay what we pay" incentives of this past summer/fall drives down trade in value. All in all I enjoy my Taurus. I will trade it in on a new Ford 500 in 2 more years.

Comfort, visibility, love those entry lamps. Trunk space.

Mute point. Production is over.

Problems of the Week
By Cliff C.

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this as a "certified" pre-owned in March. Everything was great for the 1st month. Then one little problem after another every week or two. So far the catalytic converter, motor mounts, exhaust manifold and y-pipe have been replaced. I still get an odd rattle from under the hood. The only thing that is certifiable now is me not buying another Ford!

System information readout. Trunk space and interior room.

I believe that they quit making this car so, they can't improve upon that.

I love my car
By Joy Browning

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The day i went to the dealership, I wanted a little Escort. I was at that time very much overweight and I was having a hard time getting out of the car. I was walking into the showroom to purchase the little car, when I spotted this beautiful car with the color of green. I call it silver-green. I test drove it, but I already knew I would buy the car. And I love it.

I like the radio and the control to move the pedals up close and I like to move the stirring wheel up so I can get out with ease. And best of all, getting out of the car is much easier as the car is not so low to the ground.

Make this into a hybrid (?) for gas economy efficiency and let me drive it for a year to test it out. I love to save gas.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Helmey

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my '98 Taurus SE for a 2004 SEL and I love this car just as much. With leather seats, the interior feels like a luxury car and the drive is excellent with the Duratec V6. The SEL includes a lot of extras that are truly useful and make the car a pleasure to drive for long distances. The V6 Camry is a more refined car, but without the bells and whistles. The Ford is a fun car to own and a really great value.

Sunroof, keyless entry, climate control system, automatic headlights, leather seats, accessory power outlet.

Better handling, glovebox light, CD changer moved to dash or trunk.

New Used Car
By Brian

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very happy with this car. It was a program car and I got a good deal on it. I am a bit disappointed in the fuel economy. I'm getting about 23 MPG at the best on the highway and about 18 in town ... not much better than my truck.

Interior is very roomy.