Used 2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great for long drives
By Pat

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Taurus because it was a reliable used car. It is a good car so far. The longer I own it the more I like it. It is a big comfortable car with very good gas mileage. I get 29 mpg on the highway and have never got less than 22 mpg. Last winter I had a problem with water leaking into the passenger floor. It turned out to be shoddy workmanship from the factory. This is a good car but Ford needs to keep improving on reliability. They are catching up with the Japanese and I think they can surpass them if they choose to do so.

It is beg roomy and comfortable and economical.

Higher quality and even more reliable,

My Third Taurus
By kimbah

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my third Taurus for just shy of 5 years and I love it. Bought it brand new. I have 80,000 miles on it and have only replaced tires at 60k miles; no other repairs. Still has original brakes which I consistently have checked and they're still good. Now that's amazing!

This car is extremely reliable and I highly recommend it. My previous Taurus had an issue with the heating core which was a costly repair, but this one is still going strong. Love the restyling of the 2010 model and will probably invest in another one.

Gas mileage could use improvement. I get less than 20 miles to the gallon and do mostly highway driving.

A very good car
By Doug

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. Currently have 175,000 miles and have had no problems. Replaced the tires and battery. I have not even needed brakes. 29mpg on the highway. I hope I can drive this car 400K.

Good Car - Wish they still made wagon
By D

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We really enjoy this car. Bought it used 18 months ago, the transmission did need rebuilt after we owned it for 1 year with only 66,000 miles on it, but we got a great initial price on the vehicle. Runs great on the road and handles much better than the MiniVan it replaced. Good gas mileage 23 on highway with family of 5 and car topper.

3rd seat.

Wish they still made it.

Nice ride
By Heavy one

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the car. I have 2 complaints- bad gas mileage and the leather seats are uncomfortable, especially with the cup holder up. I am a large guy and my leg falls off the seat. when the cupholder is put away the car is great.

Better seats