Used 2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Oh My 2004
By MWOhio

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with just only 11 miles. I've only had to do regular maintenance for her. I've traveled from state to state and no problems. She's paid off now and I want to upgrade/customize her. I looked into buying a new Taurus, but I'd rather alter the current one I have and be payment free. I love this car.

Very reliable and nice body style.

A very reliable car
By DTMAN

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

While there are some build quality issues, some whistling for example, but not intolerable, this Taurus has over 115K and I have put in a $250.00 coil (was cutting out) and tires, brakes and oil, that's it. Engine is super quiet, runs great and my mechanic says it's dry, no leaks, etc. I get 28+ mpg highway and about 19.5 city, great for a car this substantial My first Taurus, a 1987 performed much in the same way.

Nice acceleration with DOHC V^, sporty look, nice finish

better stereo, less whistles, door panels fell off on interior.

Super Car
By Photopros

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best car I have ever owned. Cold Air, Safe comfortable ride, good gas mileage. At 100,000 miles I had to put a new serpentine belt on it, along with a starter, but that is all so far. We use it every day for whatever we need. We are still happy with this car. So stable it saved us from a rollover on a rainy night, when we missed a turn, and had to make a sharp turn at 60 miles per hour. This is a super car. Going strong at 120,000

Safe, reliable, runs good

Make doors easier to shut

Ford replace GM - mistake
By 8thstbridge

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Whistle noise from drivers side doors; worst gas mileage of any car I have owned *including a '67 GTO! 46K - just replaced STARTER. Water on floor mats; someone else had same problem - factory MISSED a windshield seal & dealer just over stuffed with silicone sealant. Poor side door design, R Side Passenger window regulator failure already and when going through drive throughs and any winter driving or in rain, when you put the window down - all the rain etc. comes in on power buttons at armrest. Windshield washer hoses to spray heads have both cracked and had to be replaced....

Gauges

Gas mileage, side door design with armrest not getting soaked in driving rain or bad weather and you have to put the window down for tolls, or pay at a drive through window.

COMFORT, FUEL, SNOW, CRASH
By aardvark

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I found it to be a very comfortable car,I'm 5 ft and could see well out back when reversing. I found it a little scary going on ramps on highways, at the posted speed, felt like car wanted to overturn. Bad gas consumption, 12-13 miles per gallon in town between 13-20 at best on highway. Car skidded very easily on snow. It had great tires, so I think car was just light in back. Had a horrific wreck and survived and I believe it was because car was built well and I wore my seatbelt. But I am thinking of buying another Taurus. I did love my car.