Used 2004 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Thanks to this car, 5 people survived a rollover crash....
By flymetotheisle

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a big fan of this car...Nothing much to write except that it is because of this Ford Taurus SEL that our whole family is alive right now......We survived a rollover crash and all came out without a scratch...the car was considered totalled and with the safety features that Ford has installed in this vehicle I am alive right now to write about it...amazingly to say the least...Thank you....

Very Reliable well built car!
By Jaxflguy

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since new, this car has not had one issue or problem. There is not a squeak or rattle to be found. Very reliable comfortable car. Safe. You can't go wrong for the price with these cars. Proud to own another Ford and will purchase one again!

perfect size car. Steering has good feel. Very smooth ride. Reliable. Mine has heated seats. Love it.

They don't make this model anymore, so improvements would not apply. :)

Dependable Taurus? not so much
By Luna

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 5 years ago, one other person had used it, it had about 15,000 miles on it but it was in very good condition. My parents told me it was a dependable car, and since I was 22 at the time I knew so little about cars and trusted their judgment, and knew I it would take me a while to get through college, so dependable seemed ideal. Even if I was already a little wary of Fords, and the color is awful. A year and a half after I bought it we paid $800 to fix a problem with the transmission. Now it appears the transmission may need fixed again, maybe even replaced. It has difficulty shifting gears, which can be nerve wracking when you are trying to get onto a freeway.

I like the sun visors, I can usually adjust them well enough to block the sun but still see the road. I like the power locks, power windows, keyless entry. The chairs are comfortable.

please find a dependable transmission for a "dependable" car. I read through these reviews and I know mine is not the only one.

Oh My 2004
By MWOhio

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with just only 11 miles. I've only had to do regular maintenance for her. I've traveled from state to state and no problems. She's paid off now and I want to upgrade/customize her. I looked into buying a new Taurus, but I'd rather alter the current one I have and be payment free. I love this car.

Very reliable and nice body style.

A very reliable car
By DTMAN

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

While there are some build quality issues, some whistling for example, but not intolerable, this Taurus has over 115K and I have put in a $250.00 coil (was cutting out) and tires, brakes and oil, that's it. Engine is super quiet, runs great and my mechanic says it's dry, no leaks, etc. I get 28+ mpg highway and about 19.5 city, great for a car this substantial My first Taurus, a 1987 performed much in the same way.

Nice acceleration with DOHC V^, sporty look, nice finish

better stereo, less whistles, door panels fell off on interior.