Used 2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

our Taurus
By Rtom45

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife uses the car daily for short drive to and from work. We use the car at least once a month for trips across the state. It's comfortable and practical for both. Car is good in the snow (Erie, PA). We bought our first Taurus in '99 and were happy enough to buy this Taurus in '04. We like the newer styling also.

6 disc CD player, cruise control.

Best Yet
By Cruisin90

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a member of a Taurus Family - we've all had one and I love it. This one is my second - traded a 2000 on it which was still running great at 70k miles. This is my favorite yet though. I have had no problems with it and I drive almost 60 miles a day. Taurus are great for safety - a family member of mine after getting hit by two trucks was still able to walk away though the car didn't. I would recommend this car to anyone. I must recommend the 24 valve engine and sports package because it is a great option for anyone wanting a little more power. I did a few things to the 04: Le Bra, tint windows. mud flaps, and am thinking about chip. Wish it had sunroof.

Sports Package, CD player.

I can't wish for anything more except I miss the SHO!

SE Wagon, GREAT work and family car!
By Oscar

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SE wagon has the Duratec engine and is very strong. It has several upgrades, such as power seat, pedals, windows, CD, etc. It has been both a work and family vehicle, and I have been most impressed with it. It has plenty of power, room, and I can haul anything and everything in it or on top of it. (roof racks). I travel MUCH with my job and have placed 65K miles on this in 1.5 yrs. NO SERVICE PROBLEMS! It is comfortable considering that I ride up to 5-6 hours at a time. Style is a little "basic", but certainly fine. The only negative that I see is depreciation. Value drops FAST from NEW status. Excellent used car buy. I have had several "used" and for the money, they cannot be beat.

210 HP Duratec engine. Not your "fathers" station wagon! This pup will run!

2004 did not come standard with the 3rd row seat, as did the earlier models. The 3rd seat should have been standard. Why have a wagon and not have the extra seat? I purchased the seat and added it myself.

Smooth ride, a bit sluggish
By Taurus 04

2004 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car brand new about a year ago. Paid $12,000 for it. No major problems with it. Front wheel makes squeaky noises, and the dealer cannot fix the problem. It is no big deal, I can barely hear it with the windows down. The car is really smooth to drive. The suspension is extremely soft, but it also handles like a boat. The previous car that I owned was a '99 Chevy Lumina; the Ford handles better overall. The engine is slow and sluggish. The transmission is even worse; it never knows what gear it is supposed to be in. However if you drive normally you won't have any problems, just don't expect much from the V6. Overall it has been a good experience. Smooth, soft, fast on the highway.

Smooth ride, huge on the inside, big trunk. Low profile.

The regular V6 is SLOW, the transmission is horrible. I would recommend going with the DOHC engine if you expect any kind of perfomance from your vehicle.

Good sedan
By Todd

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good sedan, good overall car, short on looks but spoiler and rims help. Lots of room and comfort for the price. I drive 26 miles to work; some in city and some highway and my mpg is 20.

Duratec engine.