Used 2004 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Taurus is the best
By ranger

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SEL Taurus with 16000 miles on it and we love this vehicle so much we just purchased another 2004 SES Taurus for my wife. Vehicle drives like a dream and good mpg at average of 25 city and highway driving. It drives and rides as good as the Grand Marquis we use to have. I have the 24 valve Duratec on the SEL and the 12 valve standard engine on the SES. We like both vehicles very much and enjoy trips much more.

Delightful ride, good gas mileage and handles well in snow as well as dry pavement.

Wish they would come standard with Michelin tires.

Taurus Rocks
By Mike W

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car about 3 months and I think it is great. Comfortable, reliable, stylish. I am getting pretty good gas mileage. Excellent safety record.

Plenty of Room.

None.

Nice Ride!
By 415~phil

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a nice car to drive everyday. Exterior looks great and the interior is decent. The car has good handling and just enough power as well. The cars reliability is superb and most maintenance can be performed on your own; very easy car to maintain. I drive this car 5-6 days a week and it starts up first time, every time and runs smooth, even on regular graded octane fuel. Just an overall fun car to drive!

Great handling and very durable car.

Make stereo system easier to add aftermarket accessories; add standard dual exhaust too.

our Taurus
By Rtom45

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife uses the car daily for short drive to and from work. We use the car at least once a month for trips across the state. It's comfortable and practical for both. Car is good in the snow (Erie, PA). We bought our first Taurus in '99 and were happy enough to buy this Taurus in '04. We like the newer styling also.

6 disc CD player, cruise control.

Best Yet
By Cruisin90

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a member of a Taurus Family - we've all had one and I love it. This one is my second - traded a 2000 on it which was still running great at 70k miles. This is my favorite yet though. I have had no problems with it and I drive almost 60 miles a day. Taurus are great for safety - a family member of mine after getting hit by two trucks was still able to walk away though the car didn't. I would recommend this car to anyone. I must recommend the 24 valve engine and sports package because it is a great option for anyone wanting a little more power. I did a few things to the 04: Le Bra, tint windows. mud flaps, and am thinking about chip. Wish it had sunroof.

Sports Package, CD player.

I can't wish for anything more except I miss the SHO!