Used 2003 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great Value
By Rick in Saint Louis

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to buy a used car with about 40,000 miles. I looked at the Accord and the Camry. I couldn't find either for under $15,000. I found a great looking 2003 Ford Taurus for $8,500. I love the car. It drives great, looks good and I have an extra $6,500 in my wallet. Check out Consumer Reports on the 2003 Taurus as well. I wanted a reliable car and while I've only owned it two months, I have NO regrets. This is one great value.

Exterior, stereo, drive, cost, huge trunk.

my review
By Mike

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I took a chance on this vehicle. I own the Taurus SEL deluxe model. New, this vehicle is $24,000. I bought this car for 10,700. Talk about depreciation. Yea for second owners. Had only 14,700 miles in the summer of 2006 when I bought this car. This car is built very well. It is loaded with all the same amenities of a $40,000 car. It rides very nice, and I am extremely pleased that I have it.

Moon roof, acceleration, quality, interior, speaker system, compass, and climate control. I could go on.

None. Ford outdid themselves on the SEL deluxe edition.

Love the black Taurus
By Jaivanti

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only owned this 2003 SES for a little more than a week. It is really fun to drive and has plenty of power to move when I need it to. I have only owned one other car, a 1993 Cougar, (graduation present), however I am really happy with the purchase of the Taurus. It's a great family car with a little sport too!

Power moon roof, 24 valves dohc. Of course, the rear deck spoiler.

Way better sound system.

Good Value, Good Mileage
By Terra

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car gets great gas mileage, especially as a person on the interstate a couple times a week. Interior colors and design are very pleasant, but the seats are terribly uncomfortable! In fact, after about 30 minutes in the car, my back is wrenched. I also drive a Chevy on occasion, and I don't get that problem. Mileage: 22city, 26 highway.

Interior design, radio placement, smooth ride, nice handling for such a large car, HUGE TRUNK!

MORE COMFORTABLE SEATS! Personally I dislike the strange exterior design.

A great car
By Prashant

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have bought this Taurus 2 months ago and i just love it - ride quality, handling is just great. I have driven lot of other cars including Chevy Malibu and Cavalier, but this is the most comfortable ride. I just love long drives in it. A/C is very powerful.. in a cold area like LaCrosse, it just turns the heat immediately. Boot space is too good.

Power, looks, air conditioning, sound system quality, boot space, drive quality, power seat.

Fuel economy, automatic light control.