Used 2003 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great Car
By John

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2003 Ford Taurus SES in May 2004. It only had 16,000 miles on it. It has been a great car and very reliable. Never needed anything other then one set of brakes and oil changes and I now have 80,000 miles on it. I never got the great gas mileage a lot of others I know did but still reliable. It's got the v-6.

Very reliable and comfortable.

Can't really say much. Been happy with the car. Better gas mileage but that's it. My wife's SUV gets a couple of miles better mileage to the gallon.

2003 Taurus SE
By Mick

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus SE has easy turning ability, and the 3.OL.2V 6 CYL engine is very powerful even for interstate driving and climbing up steep hills. It starts quickly and has "get up and go" after 30,000 miles, and looks shiny good.

Good gas mileage

Avoid dash reflection in windshield under certain light conditions

Happy car
By aipo86t

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Taurus used one year old for $11K. It had 20K miles on it, 32 months later it has 96K miles. The only non-scheduled maintenance work done on the car was two TSB’s when I got the car one for rainhat extension and one for a noisy serpentine belt tensioner, both done under warranty. I find the seats the most comfortable of any car I’ve owned. The car does everything well, nothing fancy just a good honest car. The base engine could use a bit more power when car is fully loaded but is willing and happy. Car is great in the snow. With three kids in college I’ve traveled in all kinds of weather from Vermont to Minnesota and always felt safe and in control, great value for the price.

Comfortable seats. Reliability.

More power in base engine. The 24V Duratech I hear is very good. Car rides low in rear when fully loaded.

Great value
By Kathy

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the smooth ride. Others have also commented how it's like riding on glass. Also have had comments that the car is sharp. I also checked into cost of insurance before purchase, was pleased at affordability.

Sunroof is a bit squeaky when opening and closing

2003 Taurus
By torqrench

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our 03 SES used at 1 year old and 12,500 miles, wife wanted it. It's OK for basic transportation, does nothing exceptional, but does everything OK. I have never been a fan of Taurus seats and I think they're uncomfortable. The interior layout is good, but the fit & finish of interior materials is average, at best. Mechanically, the only complaint is the HVAC blower motor went. Problem was a Ford design flaw that allowed water to run down into the motor. I called Ford, awful customer service rep. and despite Ford publishing a Tech Bulletin on this problem (TSB 04-15-3) and selling a "rainhat extension" for $20, they would not fix the problem as the car was 3 months past warranty.