Used 2003 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

My 2003 Taurus SE, Best Car I ever had
By RWaggs62

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought her brand new on 4/19/2003. From the beginning she was reliable, strong & comfortable. Seriously, the most comfortable seats on long rides of any car I have ever owned. Reliability? Awesome. 77,500 miles later, besides regular service, I had to change the starter right at 5 years and the AC compressor at 5 years, all under warranty. Best car I have ever owned, for comfort, reliability, quality craftsmanship, and ride. I also own a Jaguar, which I love, but when my wife and I are going on a long drive, we take the most comfortable car, the 2003 Ford Taurus SE. Love it!

Comfortable seats. Easy to change oil. Reliability. Leg room, front seats and backs seats. 6 CD changer.

Keep making Tauruses, as Ford is now doing again, when I need a new car, I will buy one.

First Ford
By jeffry hesler

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had the vehicle for a year now. I started with 89,000 miles on it. It now has 98,000. I love to drive. I have had only problems with the brakes. The line broke and the disk or something like that on the wheel broke cause I pressed on the brake too hard. So I rate the brakes really good. The car overall is very big on the inside. I've been into 2 wrecks with the car one with a deer and the other was I went under a semi trailer and the rear wheel hit the stands for the trailer. Each time I've never gotten hurt cause the air bags have worked each time. I don't know if it's supposed to but all the air bags went off in every case. It even went off when I hit the deer.

Trunk space. Middle seat becomes a compartment

Mine has only a tape player no CD. Definitely change that

A Completely Disposable Car
By Rollthebones

2003 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my only Ford car, and most certainly my last. Fords are not long- term cars. I bought the car from my employer off lease, dirt cheap (I drove it during lease). I have never spent so much repair money on a car with so few miles. Visually, the car is still in great shape. Paint and interior are perfect. The engine (base 3.0 V6) is quite underpowered, gets pitiful gas mileage, and is in need of a trip to the dealer for repair every few months. My GM (Buick) and Nissan cars have never cost me this much money in repairs. At 77k, I've repaired rain leaks on passenger floorboard, oxygen sensors, cam shaft sensor, and had transmission serviced 3 times. This is totally a disposable car.

Outside styling, trunk space, exterior convenience lights under mirrors, super low price as a used car.

Gas mileage for the 155-HP, 3.0 V6 is terrible (23 mpg combo city-hwy commute daily). New, this car was pretty good. With age, it is a maintenance monster. The car is meant to be sold to fleets and recycled immediately after lease end.

A great used car
By Looked a long time

2003 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car as the second owner. I looked at a lot of cars but none with safety features like Ford Taurus. Excellent precicion steering and it rides like you're on glass. Super quiet on the freeway. I liked the sister mercury sable too but couldn't find one. Great car, very roomy and for once I finally feel safe. Thanks for listening.

The way it handles on the regular road and the freeway.

Would like a better choice of interior colors.

18300 and still going!
By joecool829

2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this model after driving my wife's 1996 Sable LS. I wanted one just like it. I have put 183K on her so far. Minor glitches but nothing unexpected for the mileage. I am happy I got the SEL model with all of the bells and whistles especially the leather and 4 wheel discs. Note to the average driver: I got 101,000 on first set of brakes and 82,000 on second set!

24 valve engine. Leather interior. Hidden CD changer.

Front suspension is still as lousy as the 1996 model.